Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pin placement and peep sight??

Old 04-20-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Pin placement and peep sight??

In the two photo's shown below, which way do I need to place my peep to have a correct sight picture using the green pin? I have always placed the pin in the center of the peep and shot. However, am I suppose to place the circular housing centered in the peep and then place the pin on my intended target demonstrated in the second picture?? (Sorry, my drawings are the best I can do in short time!) Which do you prefer?

Green Pin centered in Peep.

Ring on Housing centered in Peep, green pin set on intended target.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pin placement and peep sight??

Well, by the way that the pics portray it they both will kill the buck, but you want to center the pin in your peep.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Either one will work, as long as you do it the same way every time. Personally I like to center the ring.
Same here.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:05 AM

I lined up like pic 1 for about 5 years ! Started lining up like pic 2 the last couple of years and it made a noticable improvement in my accuracy....especially with rights and lefts ......because I use it similar to a level ! If the pin guard is too far right / left/up/down I can tell ! If I center on the pin and pay no attention to the guard ......and I'm torquing.....I usually hit right or left !

Anywhoo........like the second picture !!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is best to keep consistancy by centering the pin guard as in pic 2 how ever if it was me I would get a smaller peep so the ring on the pin guard was a neat fit to the inside of the peep.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I center the pin, however centering the sight is a relatively new way that is catching on and I can see how it would be more accurate.

I use the pin since I have a rectangular pin guard.

Whichever you do you will shoot fine, as long as you do it the same everytime. They eye wants to center things, so its all in what you are centering, the pin or the ring.

Centering the ring will also be more or less effective depending on the size of the peep opening and the sight ring.

--Bob
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally I center the site housing. It is pretty easy to do with the rings that the sights such as trophy ridge, copper john, etc. have. As stated earlier, either will kill the deer, I just like the whole thing lined up.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:47 PM

HMMMMM...

I never thought of centering the sight housing. I might have to give it a whirl.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:06 PM

I use a 1 pin sight so it doesn't matter. But on a three pin sight,and my 1 pin, I just look through the peep and when the pin gets on the target I release. It works very well.
As Bob H stated, the eye automatically centers the pin with the peep.
I say keep it simple.
good luck

Quick Reply: Pin placement and peep sight??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.