Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT KIND OF RELEASE????

Old 04-19-2004, 02:43 PM

Default WHAT KIND OF RELEASE????

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A RELEASE MY FATHER-IN-LAW GAVE ME. IT LOOKS AS THOUGH IT IS A SCOTT RELEASE. IT HAS FLETCH-HUNTER ENGRAVED ON THE MAIN BODY OF THE RELEASE. IT ATTACHES TO THE WRIST STRAP WITH NYLON CORD. IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND LOOKS AS THOUGH IT HAS HAD MINIMAL USE. I USED IT TODAY AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD IT HELPED ME. THE RELEASE I USE NOW IS A TRU FIRE XCALIPER, SOMETIMES I FIND MYSELF HAVING TO SQUEEZE A LITTLE BIT HARDER TO GET THE RELEASE TO FIRE. AFTER USING THIS FLETCH-HUNTER RELEASE YOU COULD BREATHE ON THE TRIGGER TO MAKE IT GO OFF. THIS RELEASE REALLY HELPED MY GROUPS CAUSE TODAY I ALMOST GOT MY FIRST ROBIN HOOD. EVERY TIME I SHOT IT SURPRISED ME SO I HAD NO TIME TO ANTICIPATE THE BOW GOING OFF. I JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE KNEW WHAT BRAND RELEASE THIS WAS CAUSE I SURE WOULD LIKE TO GET A NEWER MODEL IF I COULD FIND ONE. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT KIND OF RELEASE????

Try going HERE. This should be what you are looking for.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:39 PM

THANKS MAN THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. LOOKS LIKE A HIGH QUALITY RELEASE. DOES ANYONE ELSE HERE USE THIS RELEASE?
Old 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

I used one of them for years, never had a problem, I also used the rope release made by Fletcher, I'm not really sure why I ever switched just wanted to try something new I guess, I must say I switched to a Scott Mongoose a few years ago with no regrets, IMO Fletcher and Scott are certainly a couple of the better quality releases available ,ecspecially for hunting.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a lot of target archery, this year I'm going to hunt with a True-ball sweetspot four back tension