Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Know this is Taboo.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default I Know this is Taboo.

I am going to mention the Mitch Rompola buck. I have done som reading and have a personal opinion on the matter. My real question is what would it take for mitch to have a chance to enter his deer legally for scoring in BC and PY. I heard there was a contract between him and milo hansen stating that until another deer scores higher than milo's Mitch cannot seek any endorsements as the world record or consideration for any record books.

So if he would even do it when and how in your opinion will we ever learn the truth?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 AM

Default RE: I Know this is Taboo.

So if he would even do it when and how in your opinion will we ever learn the truth?
The truth was shown the second he signed his name to that contract. It doesn't get any clearer than that for me.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you'de like to read the agreement,go here.
http://www.rodharrison.com/bucks/rompolacontract.htm

P&Y isn't mentioned here. Was he using a bow with to much let off?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

NAW had a great article pertaining to this, and they is really too much evidence that this buck is a FAKE! I think it would be great to be proven wrong, but I don't think so.[:-]
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Its my understanding that at the time this deer was taken, Mr. Rompola was indeed using a bow that had letoff over the P+Y limit. Since that rule has changed, his deer (if legit) would now be eligible to be entered into the P+Y records with an asterisk.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:18 AM

Deer and Deer hunting had a follow up article on this a bunch of months ago. I was dissapointed in thier position which was pro-Rompola. While I have no idea if the buck is real or fake- ya kinda have to go with the old addage that if it smells like a skunk and looks like a skunk then it stinks. At least I do anyway. With that said, most of the folks for and against haven't really presented valid arguements to support thier position. Lots of heresay, interpretation, explaination, extrapolation, alternate reasons for this action or that action,etc, etc. Truth is, we may never ever know. Juniorpc.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

The truth was shown the second he signed his name to that contract. It doesn't get any clearer than that for me.
Amen brother...you said it!
Why would anyone sign a contract NOT to enter a potential WR animal....unless they had something to hide?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I thought someone offered Mitch $100,000 if it would stand up to an X-ray of the horns and skull cap. Don't think he took them up on it.[:'(]
Old 04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just playing devils advocate here, but here is the case AGAINST the buck being legit:

- He refuses to get it scored, which any sane person would.
- It "looks funny"
- he has a bad/illegal background
- he signed a contract that says he wont do what he wasn't going to do anyway.

There is absolutely no proof it is a fake, there is also no proof its legit. Several have come forward saying the scored it unofficially and believe its real.

I just wish it would all go away.

--Bob
Old 04-19-2004, 01:09 PM

I just wish it would all go away.
I thought it had?..... Most people believe it to be a fake. Rompola acted way to strange IMO. Not having a deer scored is one thing, but signing a contract with Milo Hansen?..... I just don't understand that one. Also, there was supposedly some sort of wrap or molding around the bases while it was allowed to be scored?...... What purpose would that serve?.... IMO, it's fake, if not, I really could care less.

Quick Reply: I Know this is Taboo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.