Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite hunting stand pics

Old 04-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite hunting stand pics

I hunt primarily out of Lock on stands and here's a few pics of my favorite setup. What is your favorite setup?

What I have is a Summit Headhunter Lite with a set of 5 Bucksteps. The Bucksteps only come in sets of 4 but after talking to Summit, I ummmm..... lets just say "lost one of my sections" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and ordered a single replacement section. This setup allows me to get up to about 20 feet and weighs about 22 pounds.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favorite hunting stand pics

Mike that's a great looking set-up and is just what I'm looking for ,it would be perfect for me and the spot's that hunt .since I have a tendency to move around lot's .How long does it take you to set it up and take it down ?How much $$$$$. Is the stand seperate from the step's or do they come as a package?

nubo
Old 04-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good looking set up Mike.

I have a Gorilla Silverback Lite stand and a set of Gorilla climbing sticks total weight of 18lbs.

Am looking for another stand and climbing sticks for a new area down on the lease.

I think I have missed the stand sale at Basspro tho[:@]
Old 04-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Can I use them to get up 30'+?
Old 04-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Nubo. I currently have about the same cost as a good climber tied up in it; about $230 total. The steps including the extra one was around $130, the stand sells for $99.

Aussie, I don't know if your dead set on the Silverback, but they had the original Kong steel version on clearance in Grapevine at BPS for $45. Also, Cabelas has them on sale for $60. I don't see how your setup could be only 18# since the sticks alone weigh that much with the stand weighing in at an additional 10.5#.

Field, I guess depending on your stride & such with an additional section you might be able to get 30' with 6 of the sections. At some point for me at least it gets cost prohobitive. The extra sections are only availble through Summit at a cost of $30 each.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike.

My 3 sticks weigh 9lb total and the stand is also 9lb.

The Silverback Lite is lighter than the Silverback but also has a smaller platform thats why I am looking at the Silverback for the larger platform.

The Kong is just too heavy for me to lug into the woods with my bad back
Old 04-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike,
I'm a Summit fan myself.....here's my favorite bow stand. Versatile, light and rock solid. Cobra XLS. I have mine doctored up just a bit. (When I do what little gun hunting I do, I swap the tops out for my Goliath top section)

I also have a few sets of the "Bucksteps" and "Swifttree" ladders for my Loc-On stands. Those "Bucksteps" might be the NICEST accessory for a loc-on stand hunter. Boy are they nice. (Especially when you either can't use screw in steps, or are afraid of them)
Old 04-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey PA what did you use to doctor it up? That looks awesome! Looks like some sneaky leaf but how did you get it to stick on?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is Sneaky Leaf over a ASAT style base paint job.......I change the color of the sneaky leaf as the seasons change. Blends in real nice if you pick the proper back/front cover.
I camo up my loc ons the same way. I'm always amazed at how EASY it is to spot other guy's loc-on stands when I am scouting,hunting different areas Especially dark painted stands.
The Sneaky Leaf is attached via cut up sections of spandoflauge that I have tied all over the stand's tubing. (any sort of cord will work......old shoe laces whatever) just pin the leaves to the cloth material.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few loc-on type stands that I really like. That being said, I tried a Lone Wolf last year and was very happy with this top quality stand. Very nicely thought out design and as stable as they come. Of course, it's also super quick and easy top set up.

Quick Reply: Favorite hunting stand pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.