Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pentax Binocs??

Old 04-17-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Pentax Binocs??

Does anyone have any experience (sp?) with Pentax optics? I was looking at the cabelas web site and the DCF SP in 10x43 caught my eye but at $649 a pair I would like some feed back before buying them. Thanks

Jeff
Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pentax Binocs??

hi,
a buddy of mine uses those, they are pretty good binos. i really liked those pentax. i myself use steiners, and i like them a lot too. i have a little experience with a lot of the higher end binos, and personally the swarovskis where about my least favorite. leica and zeiss i like alright, but for the money, the cabelas alaskan guide model is by far the best. if i were doing the whole bino thing over right now, with money to buy any model, that cabelas alaskan guide would be first choice, but yes, the pentax would be fairly high on the list too.
hope this helps
brad
Old 04-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Pentax DCF-SP's are AWESOME glass......I use the 8X43's myself. Saw no need for any higher magnification for whitetails, plus they will be quite a bit brighter in low light where it counts (Low light) VS. the 10X. At a recent 3D shoot, I could still see scoring rings on 30 yd. targets in lighting conditions where you couldn't see the target through your peep. VERY bright crisp clear binos. Very flat image edge to edge.
Another tip?........you don't need to pay that price for them. Search around the internet or Ebay and save yourself a couple hundred $$.

IMO these are the best glass in their price range, and truly comparable to the best optics. Not saying they're better than the $1000+ Swaro's and Leicas etc as I'm sure some machine could tell me they're not QUITE as good, but I simply could see no difference.
You should be able to find the 8X43's for under $400 which is a STEAL for these things.

I couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can not remember who posted this web page before? www.hotbuyeletronics.com
I think there price was $389 for the bino's you are looking at? I own a pair of Pentax bino's & think they are awesome. Shop the internet, you will find them cheaper than Cabelas.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wonder who makes the binos for cabelas?
Old 04-18-2004, 06:12 PM

What can I say about the Pentax DCF-SP binos...... AMAZING! I put them up to my eyes and didn't want to take them down! They are simply amazing! Matt told me about them, so I spent hours upon hours on the internet one night trying to find them for as cheap as possible and I found the web-site listed above!

I compared these binos to Swarovskis, Zeiss, Leupolds, Leica, and Kahles, and it is every bit as good, if not better!

The images are entirely crisp, the whole sight picture is crystal clear, even right around the edges of the lens! They are bright and have awsome contrast! They will seriously make you wish your eyes were that good
Old 04-30-2004, 10:01 PM

Thanks to everyone that recomended these binocs to me. They are the best glasses I have looked thru. Also thanks for steering me in the right direction on where to buy them.

Thanks Again,
Jeff