Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? about Impact archery sight. pic included

Old 04-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Default RE: ? about Impact archery sight. pic included

By the way, I mentioned that I have an HHA sight, but I didn't mention that I changed the aperature (last summer) to the Impact model with the glow-in-the-dark tape under the fiber-optic coil. It is BY FAR brighter than the original pin. Although, the HHA is about 7 years old now, and sights have come a long way since I made the purchase.

IMO, the glow tape in one of the best ideas I've seen on the modern sights.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathew's! I had one on my bow and I think it's an awsome sight, but I agree with the other's that the 2 thumb screw's are a pain to change in a hunting situation.Although I can shoot mine from 10yrds to 35yrds without having to move it .Very rarely do we ever need to shoot past 30yrd's most of us would sooner shoot at shorter distances.So as far as I'm concerned this sight will meet all of your need's ,not to worry about having to change the adjusting arm very often because it will only happen on rare situation's such as 30yrds and over. That should still give you lot's of time to adjust . As far as the pin it's awsome, I can still see the pin far after shooting light, I can still see the pin and barely make out the animal that I would like to take ,so as far as the pin it's great.I changed to a new set-up this season ,I bought a new Spott Hogg Real Deal ,although this sight is very nice I still think the Cosmic is much brighter and I might just change back to it , but I'll try the Spott Hogg first then I'll decide. The pin's on the Cosmic are .029 but the Real Deal are .019 and I'm not so sure it will work as well as the Cosmic. I hear guy's talking all the time about pin sizes ,but as far as I'm concerned it isn't as big a deal as most make it out to be . I'm sure after you try this sight You'll really like it .I've got guy's who are already after my Cosmic and it's only been 2 week's since I've taken it off ,but I'm not letting it go.This is just how much I like this sight ,I only bought the Hogg because I like to tinker around with new gear and I've heard so much about them, that I thought what the heck . I haven't hunted with the Hogg yet but I'm already thinking that the Cosmic will be better for hunting ,just because of the brightness of the pin and not having to adjust often either . Good luck on your choice,and keep us informed on what you do. The Cosmic is absolutely a good choice. I hope that I have helped you make your decision to buy the Cosmic.

P.S. What I forgot to say as far as cost, this sight has to be about the best for it's price range compared to the other top sight's. it's very reasonable.

nubo
Old 04-15-2004, 05:36 PM

Hey guys thanks alot for all the info.
Nubo thanks for the review on the sight, I already had my mind made up to buy this sight before I even posted this. Like you I wont shoot anything over 30yds and there will be no need to adjust my sight in a hunting situation because I am flat enough. I will be ordering this sight as soon as I can afford it. Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathew's check out e-bay that's where I got mine .I paid $40.00 for it ,it's well worth that ,it's a great sight for the price.

nubo
Old 04-15-2004, 06:47 PM

While I don't have that exact sight. I have an impact trio on my liberty. Impact makes a sweet sight. It is the brightest sight I've ever used. I'd say give it a try.