Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Group size?

Old 04-15-2004, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Group size?

Count me in on that, I can shoot bullseye after bullseye after about 2 6packs.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:53 PM

I get to shoot too tho. Fixed blade broadheads on all our arras.
You think that scares me.......Fixed heads........Pleeeeaaaaaasssseeeeee

When you shoot em like me it don't matter

Fixed, Mechanical, field, judo......screw a D[]mn tomato on a stick and I'll wack you all.

Don't make me pull out my group pictures again...................

I am surprised you found big enough B[:-]lls to even step into this ring.........[]

Its like kindergarten around here............No one knows how to keep it inside the lines.....inside out baby.............All I see is slop

Old 04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
nub

Aren't we full of ourself today. Or something.[] How bout Gobbler Guiliteens(sp?) @ 60 yards!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

you know what they say, "the guys that talk about it don't got it." And yes I would really enjoy watching you shoot with a tomato on the end of your arrow, well heck if you're that good put a bowling ball on the end.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:18 PM

Some guys have the cash, some guys have the talent. Top 3D shooters have both. People who cannot hit a bull in the a$$ with a base fiddle have neither.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: nub

Aren't we full of ourself today. Or something.[] How bout Gobbler Guiliteens(sp?) @ 60 yards!
Naw 100 yds. Lets make it a challenge
Old 04-15-2004, 07:32 PM

I shot a lot of competition, same BHFS-L class as ArthurP, and I've seen some amazing shooters out there. I couldn't do it all the time, but many times on the indoor range, put all five arrows in the x-ring. There were some shooters that did it a lot more regularly than me. Especially with releases, scopes, 10 yard long stabilizers, etc. And some of the top field (notice I didn't say 3-D) archers can easily shoot 3" groups out to 40-50 yards. Hell, I won a novelty shoot one time shooting 10 eggs in a row. They were dangling by a string at 40 yards.

So it's definately possible.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur, I liked your post about the Field and Hunter rounds. I, too, could do the things you talked about. AH, the good ole days!! Man, that was back in the 70's before all this technology went to people's heads. Hey, what's the size of the bullseye on a 24" Hunter face? I used to get PO'd enough I'd throw the bow down through the woods if I missed one out of ten at 60 yards. I'd have loved to have some of the modern equipment back then. Deflex risers, 48" and 50" bows--and that was considered short.

Bowhunter release wasn't even a thought yet. We weren't even allowed a peep. Some of these guys need to try shooting a good field or hunter round. Try some practice arrows, then a 112 arrow course, and see if you can finish it. Accuracy and forgiveness is everything. Speed means almost nothing. This sure ain't 3D where you shoot one arrow and done.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

And some of the top field (notice I didn't say 3-D) archers can easily shoot 3" groups out to 40-50 yards.
Brings up a good point! Big difference between the top spot shooters and 3d shooters. I've seen guys that could consistantly stack arrows at 60 yds get beat by your slightly above average 3d shooters because they couldn't judge yardage worth a damn.

I strive for the 1" per ten yard increment groups , but beyond 30 it has to be a good day! Before I have a few cups of coffee!
Old 04-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC, AH yes, let's not forget the coffee. Opens up the groups a bit. Like going from a varmint rifle to a shotgun. Of course, age has much the same effect, what with the eyes going to pot.

Quick Reply: Group size?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.