Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHO'S in SW PA. ?

Old 04-15-2004, 08:47 PM

Default RE: WHO'S in SW PA. ?

Bulter County, Jennings Buckmaster
Old 04-16-2004, 12:08 AM

my gf lives near North Huntington and i do some good hunting down there for deer, turkey and ground hogs. Biggest deer i have seen in a while i saw at one of the fields i can hunt and her friend told me that in mid-Feb that buck had made it through the season and still had his rack! thats ther deer i am looking for next year!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:16 PM

I live in Latrobe and i shoot a Hoyt Raider that i got off my brother-in-Law. I'm new to archery and just started shooting to get ready for October. Im using superslam xx78 30" 2514s with a Winn archery release. I havent chosen a broadhead yet but am leaning toward Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade. i also started refleching my arrows with a grayling jig to help save money (4 inch vane with slight right helical)

any advice you have i am willing to listen.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I've got 9 acres 15 mins from downtown Pitt. Never been there but have heard it's should be good hunting. Just don't have the time. I have hunted just over the line a little bit in West by God Virgina.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:51 AM

cambria county shoot a DARTON MAVERICK
Old 05-05-2004, 03:36 PM

PA.Jay,
I live in morgantown WV real close to south west pa. Iknow you asked for people in sw pa but I also read in a later post about the sport shop on route 40. I have been their about three times. I t does not compare to cabelas or bass pro, it is better than a gander mountain. The archery selection is not the best, compared to a pro shop. If you are ever in the area it would be worth your time to stop in but I would not make a special trip. I shot a hoyt x tec just thought I would through that in.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live is somerset county is s.w pa. I shoot a horton super-mag i got the permit so i use it.