Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

APA ultimate twister rest review

Old 04-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default APA ultimate twister rest review

http://www.broadheadtests.com/apatwister.html
Old 04-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: APA ultimate twister rest review

Nicely done Chris. My interpretation of your conclusion is that this is a "middle road" drop away design. Not necessarily the best out there but definitely better than some others. I am sure that bowhunters will appreciate the full-capture design of the rest.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank,
After using this thing for even a while longer now, it's a good one. It's main feature "Full Containment" obviously isn't needed for target/3D applications, but as a hunting drop away? That feature alone gives it a decided advantage over any other drop away on the market. The next closest in containment is the Muzzy Zero effect that I can find.

It's no different than many of the other popular Drop away rest styles (TT, Drop Zone, TKO etc)with respect to actuation. Cords and springs. So with that in mind I say it's ahead of these other styles as a hunting rest as it is just as accurate in my experience.

I like it , and trust me........I have a Muzzy and a TT Shakey hunter sitting in the On deck circle if I thought for a second that it wasn't top shelf. As a hunting rest I would say it's AHEAD of the other styles. As a 3D target rest? No better, no worse.

I think sales of this rest will suffer for 2 reasons. Lack of advertising, and it just looks too different from what people are used to. That's a shame because it is a very quiet, accurate solid rest, and a true draw and shoot one at that.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

It's funny at first I thought this rest was OK at best but now that I have seen three other companies come out with a similar version I am starting to like it a liitle more. I recently had two sales reps come into the store with a similar design and I will have to say that the APA rest is looking better and Better. The idea of the full containment is real appealing to the hunters that come into my store. Reluctantly some guys buy the whisker bisquit because it is one of the only proven and simple fuul containment rest. But, I hate to say thisbecause his head will swell, But MATT/PA is right. APA needs more advertising and better product exposure to really make this thing take off. I did not mention the other two companies that have the same style as to not bash there fine product. But I will finsish with the fact that the "Twist Away" style is really catching on. JMHO
Old 04-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a good rest for those looking for a full capture design, but also want a drop away style for more helical on their arrows. If you dont' care about or just don't want the full capture feature I would probably go with another like the TKO or Zero effect. If the full capture feature is important and you shoot 4" or smaller fletch then I think you will really like the Twister.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reveiw 5shot , you oppinion is valued highly here . The drawback you mention is the same one that the original WB rest had . I cant see myself loading and arrow that way , especialy for a second shot at a slightly spooked deer , or if the hunter himself was spooked .When we are talking full containment I dont think this rest is as good as the WB , with the WB you can turn the bow sideways or even upside down and the arrows not going to rattel or clank on anything , but with the API , I can see it makeing some noise .
Old 04-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you line the entrie "hoop" with mole skin the rest is very quiet. As for loading I think one would become accustomed to it if you spent enough time with the rest. Like I said for those that like the features it's a really nice rest.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:17 PM

I have one on my bow and love it, But was curious to know 5shot did you put it on a 70# limb bow or a 80#limb bow,
Old 04-17-2004, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put it on three different bows. All of which were 70lbs models.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

bringing this back up for someone who ask.

Quick Reply: APA ultimate twister rest review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.