Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aluminums???

Old 04-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Aluminums???

Does anybody still shoot aluminums?? I have been trying carbons for a while but am thinking about going back to aluminums for hunting. Carbons havent really impressed me. Just wondering if anybody else out there felt the same way.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aluminums???

I switched to Carbon last year and love them. I had another shot hit a branch and defelct into a tree this past year. The carbon was still usable. 2 years ago I did this and the alum. was shot. Guess maybe if I didn't hit the trees so much it wouldn't matter. [:@] Maybe I'll have better luck this year. I guess I will not go back to alum unless the carbons really prove to be a problem somehow.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:48 PM

Carp,
I don't see what all the hype is about either. I tryed carbons for a year, ever since then my quiver has been full of Easton Super Slams.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still use aluminum for most all my shooting. I've got some carbons I only use for 3D and small game hunting with blunts, because that's all they're good for. Their accuracy with broadheads is horrible.

I would definitely shoot ACC's if my bank account was a little fatter.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM

I'm new enough to have started with carbons, because they didn't bend and break when I missed so I don't have that much experience with aluminums. This summer I'm shooting Easton aluminums to see how they do in comparison because I like the larger diameter and heavier shaft.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:45 PM

I shot XX78 Easton for about 4 years and never had a problem with them, this year I just wanted to try something different and switched to carbons for added speed. But really miss those XX78 I may switch back.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aluminums are fine! Carbons are fine!

Aluminums are straighter than carbons , cheaper than carbons , but not as durable as carbons.

Either choice can shoot broadheads very accurately!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:16 PM

I like carbons.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:31 PM

I used to use the Easton 2117's but had a lot of problems with bent arrows. I switched to 2513's which is a little over spined for my set up, but they seem to fly better and so far I haven't bent a single arrow. I beleave with alluminums it is better to be over spined than under spined.(JMO)
Old 04-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still shoot aluminums for hunting. They are more consistant and easier to work with. I play around with differnt shafts every year but end up with alumium every time.

Quick Reply: Aluminums???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.