Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow grunter plus

Old 04-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default bow grunter plus

http://www.awayhunting.com/deercalls/

Has anyone tried this grunt tube called the buwgrunter plus? If so waht are your thoughts on this grunt? I am in the market for a new one and this caught my eye.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:16 AM

Default RE: bow grunter plus

I have a bow grunter and think a lot of thought went into it's design. Hands free operation when you are at full draw is was lead me to buy mine. I will admit that you'll have to play around with it to get it in the right spot to be hands free.

It is also versitile. it has 4 settings so it is supposed to work all year long "social calling" The deer in my aera do not respond to calling. I've had best luck using it to stop deer and this thing will stop deer on a dime. I was heading out from my stand last fall and jumped 8 or 9 deer. It was dusky(too late for me to shoot) but I let out a couple of doe bleats. At least 3 of the deer stopped and froze for inexcess of a minute. as soon as I took my next step they were off again. I think you'll like it if you give it a try.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

MJR,

I love my bowgrunter plus hands free grunt. I especially like the social setting. I have listened to many deer grunt over the years in the wild and this call has that same soft subtle tone. Of course during the rut a buck will increase his intensity when grunting and become louder and you can adjust your bowgrunter plus to mimic that as well. I give mine an A+.

Just like Adams said once you get it set up in the right position ( it pins on your side and near your collar) your dialed in. Give it a try I don't think you'll be disappointed. Away-hunting is great in customer service. I had one of my two bowgrunters break and they sent me a new one immediately.

Shed
Old 04-13-2004, 12:21 PM

I like mine
Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had mine for the last 2 years and I think it is the best call I have ever had. Nice and soft tones, won't freeze up in the cold. Very well built call.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using one for the past 2 seasons and have no complaints.It sounds good,hands-free operation,inhale only so the reeds won't freeze-real good call!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

With these kind of reviews it looks like I will be trying one out this next fall. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:43 AM

I've had mine for probably close to 5 years, I just bought it on a whim and couldn't be happier with it. I have used mine like described above by pinning it to my jacket, and I've alsoshortened the rubber tube up and put the call on a lanyard and put it around my neck used it that way. I actually prefer to use it that way. You will be very happy with it. I have had many deer respond to this call, and I live and Hunt in Pennsylvania where deer don't like to respond to any type of calling. Well worth every penny you pay for it.