Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good one for Arther P and others..

Old 04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good one for Arther P and others..

Just don't make the mistake I did and marry an accountant. I'm forever being reminded how much my fish and game meat costs per pound.[8D]
Old 04-09-2004, 11:58 AM

LOL...that's funny you bring that up. My buddies and I were talking about that the other day. We didn't even want to try and figure that dollar amount out. Too depressing. Toss in a trip or two to a different state and wham....way up there.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:29 PM

I do believe this has been thrown around the site a lot. I say if you have all the money to throw down on hunting equipment then go for it. I dont think anyone would liked to be trashed on the way they pursue their game. Besides, in Missouri a lot of the money sportsmen spend on their equipment supports the Conservation Department. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:29 PM

I'm forever being reminded how much my fish and game meat costs per pound.
Whenever I hear that, I say, "Thanks for reminding me. I need to go out and shoot something so I can lower the average."
Old 04-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That question is valid regardless of what type of bow one shoots. There are bowhunters, and there are the "Gucci" shooters.
Please enlighten everyone with your exact hunting setup so we can all determine if we're bowhunters or gucci shooters!
Old 04-09-2004, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Yeah, when I see someone leave the truck for a morning hunt, packing enough stuff for a 30-day polar expediction, I have to say 'why the heck does anyone need all that crap.'

It doesn't take a traditionalist to recognize stupidity.
Arthur P. I respect your opinion as always, but don't you think you're being a little harsh on those that might want to make sure they are prepared for everything they may encounter on that hunt? ( I would rather have it and not need it...)
Old 04-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Am I being too harsh, SA? Perhaps. Maybe saying 'stupidity' was too harsh. "Lack of knowledge and experience" might be a better fit.