Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the bigger guy, How much do you weigh and what treestand do you use?

Old 04-08-2004, 11:06 AM

Default For the bigger guy, How much do you weigh and what treestand do you use?

I weigh 242 pounds without any of my gear, I currently hunt out of a lock on API Magnum, but I am looking for a climber possible a Summit. I just want to no that I am not the only 242 pound plus gear getting up in a treestand. 242 pound + boots, clothes, gear = probably around 265.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For the bigger guy, How much do you weigh and what treestand do you use?

I think you want the Summit Goliath. Check out this thread:

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=361323

Old 04-08-2004, 11:28 AM

Default RE: For the bigger guy, How much do you weigh and what treestand do you use?

The Summit Viper XLS holds up to 300 but I would get the Goliath.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am about the same weight as you and have no problem using the Summit Revolution. I do believe that just about all of the Summit stands have at least a 300 pound weight limit.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Spike

I used to weigh a lot more but I'm down to 250 now and I love my DOC's Recliner. Never liked heights but I now hunt with my stand at 20-22ft and feel totally safe. I had their first model then just recently upgraded to the newest. There have been MAJOR improvements. Couldn't believe the difference as I thought the OLD style was the ULTIMATE stand.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 AM

Thanks alot guys.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

255# naked

Summit revolution is great.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:56 PM

Iam 6 foot 280, I love the Summit Goliath
Old 04-08-2004, 03:33 PM

Mathews,
I am somewhat smaller now than I was a couple of years ago. 6'3'" and used to tip the scales at around 280. My first Summit was a Viper. Great stand, but a little close fitting with all my heavy clothes on. It was taken by someone who must have needed it more than me. I replaced it with a Grand Old Man for one season. Summit introduced the Goliath, and I bought one. Wonderful stand for me at 280. This past season I hunted the Goliath at 225 and felt like I had all the room in the world. Heck, if I manage to get under 200, I will still hunt out of the Goliath. It is a great stand, and the extra couple of inches make a huge difference for those of us that may be somewhat less than svelt. Good luck.
Bill
Old 04-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Im 6'5" about 290 a little over 300 when i get all my junk up the tree. I use a Warren & Sweat Imperial. Its only rated for 275 but I bulked up the cables and reinforced the frame in places before i took it up a tree. I bought it because it was so heavy to begin with. Around 25 lbs. Its a bit heavy but nothing that a big feller cant handle. The only thing I dont like about it, is that it could be just a tad wider than it is to be a little more comfortable sitting in for long periods of a time.

Quick Reply: For the bigger guy, How much do you weigh and what treestand do you use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.