Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the Best Block Type Target?

Old 04-08-2004, 08:01 AM

Default What's the Best Block Type Target?

I am in the market for a new target and I have been looking for a Block type target that can handle field points and broadheads. What is everyone using and which ones have you found that hold up the best. I have been looking at Morrells Six Shooter and their Yellow Jacket Targets. And American Whitetail, Inc's Foamlite Magnum or their Cube Target. I would like something a little bigger, Around 20" x 20" or so.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the Best Block Type Target?

I have the black hole and would not recommend it to anyone. I bury my arrows to the fletching nearly every shot unless I hit a soft spot then it is a pass through.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:23 AM

I have heard alot of bad things about the Black Hole I am deffinitly staying away from that one, and it is way over priced IMO
Old 04-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got the Block a few months ago. Haven't had a chance to put too many arrows in it but it definately stop them. They only go in around 10 inches. They are tough to get out but its getting easier the more I shoot.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:27 AM

I just get those $20 targets. They lasted me a couple thousand shots.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 AM

Black Hole sucks, brand new you still bury them to the feather.

The Block is ok, but one season of shooting broadheads will destroy it.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:28 AM

how heavy of bows are you shooting into the black hole? i have the hole and like it, haven't had any problems w/ mine and im shooting almost a 60lbs draw weight.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:11 AM

I guess I would have to say that the best block type target is the one I made which was absolutely free. The local community center was throwing away al their exercise mats. Perfect I made one heck of a block target, wish I had pics to show you.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they all stink for everyday use with broadheads. I really don't see the need to shoot broadheads all the time...so I use a Morrell eternity with field points most of the time.

I bought a Humungo to use with broadheads and it's ok for limited use. It wouldn't last long last long if I used it much. Since my broadheads and field points fly the same, I shoot my field points most of the time. My buddy has "the block" and it's ok, but I doubt it would hold up to the claims made by advertising. He shoots fp's mostly too, so it has lasted a few years for him.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:26 AM

How long would the block last if I shoot a 54 lb 250 fps bow with field points 50 times a day?

Quick Reply: What's the Best Block Type Target?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.