Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got to love PA hunting. PIC

Old 04-08-2004, 10:40 AM

Default RE: Got to love PA hunting. PIC

Hey PaBowhunter I am from Connellsville PA, or Fayette County. Pinky79 I am an 0311 and stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA and with 3/5 Kilo Co 1stmar 1stmardiv.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the years of service. Good luck this fall. You deserve many great years in the fall woods.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 PM

Right on Matthews I did forget to give you my mos which is close to yours I was a 0331. Cycolic rate all the way baby. I got to tinker with the new 240 gulf for about a year. We did and did not like them. I hated the fact that they had to be mounted on a tri-pod, and they didnt have a forward grip. But the rate of fire rocked. Oh yeah and they were stinking heavy too.

I wished I could have been staitioned in pendlton. I might of re-uped. my only hunting releif that I got when I was in the stumps was I went out with a co2 bb pistol and shot lizards. But in Okinawa I was diving and snorkling as much as I could and I was sticking all kinds of fish with a pig sticker thing. That was a blast. I think I got a grand total of about 4 Octopus's. They were the best and love to fry them up too.

Anyhow congrats again. Semper Fi. And just a little tid bit for your final physical. Make dam sure any (and I mean any) aches and pains that you may have now that you didnt have when you went in. That you tell the doc about them and just tell him that you want it on paper. Cause man my knees have been hashed since I was in and I thought the paper work was all taken care of buy now I find out that I should have made a claim way back then even though I didnt think that it was a big deal. Now I have an episode here and there of barley walking without crying and they want to fight about it. Anyhow just my two cents.

Oh ya I have another cousin that was in the army and he is partially disabled which means he is perfectly fine but he gets a check every month, never has to re-register his oregon plates, and the butt has a lifetime hunting and fishing licence. Just some of the perks for tearing up you body for your country, not that I didnt love being there serving my country too.

Sorry for the long one take care and good luck with the rest of your life.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:15 PM

good deer, and thanks for serving
Old 04-10-2004, 01:42 PM

I hear ya! I was stationed in Germany for 3 years and I made a point to fly home to Pa each year to hunt. I probably should have spent my vacations travelling overseas but you cant beat the fall woods in Pa......