Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

Old 04-10-2004, 07:04 PM

Default RE: How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

My quiver holds four and thats what I take..
Old 04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

4 tipped with thunderheads, 2 with field tips. I've never harvested small game while in the tree and don't really intend to, but I've fallen into the habit of firing a field tipped arrow right before I get out of the tree, morning or night hunt. This offers me the opportunity to make sure I'm still dead on.

I've missed the same deer twice in one evening, so I will always take more than one broadhead tipped arrow with me.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:28 PM

I take 4 broadheads 2 judo points cause there is always some little critters to have a go at
kevin
Old 04-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Four sharp, broadhead tipped arrows, one practice broadhead of the same make and one field tipped arrow.

One the next to last day of last season, I made the mistake of going into the woods with only two arrows (didn't figure I'd need more than one with only a day left). I got a shot at last light and hit just a tad too far back--liver shot. I placed another arrow on the string and watched it come off as the deer ran by--THE ARROW THEN FELL TO THE GROUND! [:@]

The deer went down UNDER MY STAND, but was alert and able to move. I could do nothing but watch until it finally got up and walked away. I found it the next morning, but could've ended it's suffering sooner and taken it out that evening with me if I had had one more arrow with me. I had removed my practice arrow that afternoon just before leaving the truck!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:06 AM

3 broadheads and 1 for small game
Old 04-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

Old 04-11-2004, 11:54 AM

Fill'er up with 3
Old 04-11-2004, 04:21 PM

3 arrows spin checked and loaded with razor sharp 100gr muzzys or snypers.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:45 PM

I take 12. Yeah that seems like a lot but that is what i take and here is why. I shot 3 coyotes, by 9 A.M. with 4 arrows(Never seen more then 1 in a day since). Shot a doe at 10 A.M. with one arrow i couldn't find. Tracked her 50 yards and tagged her. It was cold, good mourning so i was back in the stand by 11 A.M. Took a shot at a Fox at 70 yards and missed at 11:30. Then i shot a 10 point 136 6/8 inch buck at 1 P.M. Good thing i had all of them arrows. Best day of hunting I've ever had. I would rather have to many then not enough. Sure i could have not shot the coyotes and fox if i only had 3 arrows but what fun is hunting without shooting stuff.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:31 PM

I usually have about 5. That is what fits into my Cat quiver without being overly crowded.

Quick Reply: How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.