Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Negative bow comments

Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 AM

Default RE: Negative bow comments

For some just a bit of speeling and.............lessons would work wonders
LOL
Old 05-05-2004, 04:24 AM

Hey Gravelotte, Thanks for introducing me to this site (I'll be sure to send my regards To Olof Berg.)

As far as what you said about shot placement, you could not be more right. AFrican game is really tough (I Shot a Zebra though the hart two weeks ago and it still ran 200yards.)

We get alot of american bowhuning videos here of American hunters hunting in africa, and most of the shots taken in these videos are taken too far back, and this makes for a LOOONNNGGG recovery. There is a very good booklet on shot placement for african game, if anyone is interested I will get the name.

When you spend all that time and money to hunt here you want to hunt and not spend a whole day looking for a wounded animal.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

BUT..... if something is a piece of junk..... call it junk.[8D] Ya see, we Americans are used to a little confrontation. Why heck, we got our start fighting with the Brits. It's the American way, find fault, bitch and whine and then grab a beer. We do not aspire to "Keep up with the Jones family". We want to die with more and better toys than they have. Therefore it's impairitive that we slam someone elses equipment.....especially if it's a piece of junk.[&:]

And another thing.... how can one of you dark continent types sign up on this site and in a few short days determine we're all slamming equipment and shouldn't be listened to. According to the members list you joined just over a week ago. You foreignier types always want to tell us how we should do things. Well I for one embrace desent and confrontation. Besides that, if you know everything you have to educate the masses. Since I'm all knowing(or is that a Know it All) it's my duty to point out others mistakes and shoddy MMMMMMmmmmmmmm..... MMMMMMmmmmmmmm...... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm.... Well.... you know. So, let the games begin. My Dartons better than your_________(fill in the blank).[8D][8D][:@][:@]

P.S. I just had to comment on this.
American clients on hunting trips is that they tend to shoot a bit high and more towards the back than suppose to, resulting in only a partial lung shot or liver alone making tracking and locating animals more difficult.
Rubbish, pure rubbish and a very general generalization based on probably very little experience. Maybe you're taking the wrong customers. Everyone I hunt with shots the spot... a tiny spot... as close and snug to the shoulder as they can get it. I'll take a savy whitetail hunter any day and he'll put the arrow where it belongs. As far as missing the spot, it can happen with an arrow, but I don't believe "We Americans" are any worse than the rest of the world at hunting. In fact, we're probably better than most when it comes right down to it. Again, I'm talking the real hunters, not the guy who plunks down $15,000 to go and become the Great White Hunter of African with less than a few kills to his credit. You know, the guy with lots of money but no sense or skills. (God I love stirring the pot)
Old 05-06-2004, 06:57 AM

Well, well grab a beer then!
Here in Africa we hunt to hard, leaving little time for endless arguments
Cheers, I’ll have a beer to.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Now you're talking.... but make mine alcohol free. I gave up the drining years ago. I hated waking up with a hangover. I haven't had to climb a tree in 18 years with a hangover. God I love it. Good air in...bad air out. TWACK! It doesn't get any better.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:23 PM

Gravellotte, meet davidmil; resident curmudgeon.