Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bowhunter here

Old 04-05-2004, 04:21 PM

Default New Bowhunter here

Hey,
I am just about to turn 15 and i am really interested in starting to bowhunt. Right now i am trying to find a bow to buy . I am looke at a PSE nova , Browning midas, Browning adrenalin. Which one should I get or do yall have a nother bow worth looking into. Thanks in advance for you help you can email me your replies at [email protected].

Josh
Old 04-05-2004, 04:56 PM

Default RE: New Bowhunter here

Welcome to the board. I have a PSE Fire-Flite and love it. I can get some 1/2 inch groups at 20 yards and several busted nocks.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...jpg&hasJS=true

They used to have a 27" draw bow but I guess they don't anymore. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

First off, Welcome to the board! Feel free to ask all the questions you'd like on here bud! This is the best group of guys and gals under one roof!

Ok in my opinion, I would look for the best pro shop in your aria. Getting setup right is more important than "the best name brand bow" Visit as many as you can and feel them out. Shoot the bows and ask the questions. Then make your choice.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:26 PM

Some pro shops are misleading. If you think something the shop said is wrong tell us what they said and we will straighten it out.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Bobohunter! your in the right place to ask question's ,I agree with Mantis Mayer Find yourself a good bowshop and get them to help you get set-up properly. Pick the bow you feel most comfortable with and go from there. there are alot of inexpensive good bow's on the market today take your time and pick the one you feel the most comfortable with.
Good luck on choosing your new bow ,and take your time and don't be talked into going top of the line because it does get very expensive .

nubo
Old 04-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't go to a pro shop with my first bow purchase. Boy do I wish that I had. Do not just go out and buy a bow. There is a lot more to setting up and tuneing a bow than you could imagine. It doesn't take too long to get the hang of it if you have proper instruction. Find a good pro shop that will take the time to get you set up right the first time. The bow may cost a little more but the information and instruction is well worth it. Many will even keep you're bow in tune for free when you purchase from them. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what they are doing and why they are doing it while they are getting you going. Explain that you just want to soak up all the information as possible.

Shoot as many different brands of bows that are in your price range. Get a feel of what you like and dislike. No two bows are created equal. What one person finds absolutely perfect you may not like at all.

Good luck and feel free to come here to ask us all the questions that you want. We'll help out as much as we can. And welcome!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the forums. It is always nice to see new members. Personally, I have the most experience with the Nova as it is the bow we normally sell the most of down at the shop especially when it comes to young shooters. The adjustability of the bow and its overall design (plus the price tag) make it ideal for this type of situation.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:51 AM

Welcome to the board. I'd have a pro fit you up with a bow but the pse is a really great bow and isn't to harsh on the wallet. I shot my first bow (pse thunderflight express for better than 10 years without any issues. IMO pse bows are underrated.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:54 AM

like everybody said go to pro shop and buy 2 to 3 year old bow that was top of the line easy on the wallet and a quilaty product
Old 04-07-2004, 11:58 PM

I have a Nova myself as well as my father and one of the guys at work. I love it. Mine shoots very flat and true. I definately recommend it! Whichever you get, once you get it set up correctly for you, practice with it as much as possible!!

gh