Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

World's largest Grizzly

Old 04-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-02-2004, 06:12 AM

Default RE: World's largest Grizzly

yes i know these pictures, my hunter ed instructor showed these to me in like September. it took the guy that shot this 10-15 shots from his 7 mm mag to down this bear. After he was sure the bear was dead, he walked over to it and he saw a human body lying maybe 20 yards away. the bear was reported to have eaten many hikers/ hunters over the years. When the hunter that killed it was filed dressing it, he found several shotgun slugs, broadheads and rifle bullets in the body. this bad boy would just never die.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea he's one heck of a big brute for sure. I think I'd have to check my pant's if I had run into him like this.

nubo
Old 04-02-2004, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was not a hiker involved and the story was not dramatic in any way. As a matter of fact the guy used to be a member of this forum. He joined shortly after the bear was killed. The two guys were deer hunting and stalked up about 80 yards from this bear, while the bear was grazing. He shot the bear in the head with his 7mm and B & C won't score an animal with a fractured skull. End of story.

I know the other stories are more dramatic and sound better, but they just aren't true.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Actually, Silentassissin, I've seen this guys posts on another board and he killed the bear with one shot to the head with a 338WinMag. So it's not like he wasn't prepared for this type of occurence! I still wouln't want a bear that big THAT close!!! It still had to be scary even though the thing was dead after the first shot. The hunter put 2 more in the heart/lungs just to be sure.

It has been really amazing to watch this story just keep spinning and spinning out of control. This is the first time I've seen human remains attached to this story!

... Shockwave
Old 04-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a cool bear, they are an impressive critter.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:58 AM

. it took the guy that shot this 10-15 shots from his 7 mm mag to down this bear. After he was sure the bear was dead, he walked over to it and he saw a human body lying maybe 20 yards away
Actually It wasn't a human - the bear was eating Bigfoot, but they never found his remains because of the little green people that where reported to tractor beam his dead body into som flying disk. Then to top it off the Disk was destroyed when Nessie jumped out of the lake and.................................
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

This bear was shot about a dozen times before it was dead!FACT
Old 04-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first reply was directed at shockwave just for the record--it's amazing how some people will argue a point when they haven't got a clue[:@]
Old 04-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually It wasn't a human - the bear was eating Bigfoot, but they never found his remains because of the little green people that where reported to tractor beam his dead body into som flying disk. Then to top it off the Disk was destroyed when Nessie jumped out of the lake and
That was pretty good, I got a good laugh out of that one

Quick Reply: World's largest Grizzly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.