Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost bow

Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Lost bow

The other day i went to my brother in law was going to show me something on his bow he went to go get it just to find he didnt remember where he put it after frantically searching his house he remebered that he had sat it on the garbage can outside to go get something out of his house. He freaked thinking he threw his bow out and the garbage man picked it up luckily he remebered the garbage man lived in his nieghborhood so he went street to street asking if anyone knew where he lived he finally found the mans house and luckily the trash man kept the bow and was honest enough to give it back keep in mind my brother in law just bought his knew bow tech about a month ago anyway i thought some of you might get a kick out of this post feedback so i can print it out and give it to him
Old 03-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost bow

I am suprised that the new bowtech didn't get trash compacted. People all over the world are throwing new bewtech bows in the trash, after they get them home & find out they are junk.

I figured it was late enough to get a good bow tech dig in without being smacked around till the a.m.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lost bow

duuuuum dum dum dum duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb!

I have left my bow sitting on the porch, patio table, sitting on top of the target but I wouldn't dream about puting it with the trash especially if the trash was waiting to be picked up. He is very lucky the garbage man got it and not someone else driving by.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:16 AM

Default RE: Lost bow...that's nothing.

A long time ago....when people didn't trust banks.....you know where this is going!!! Anyways, my mom knew of a woman who hid a large sum of money, under the garbage bag in the garbage can. She is the only person that takes out the garbage in the house. One time she forgot to take out the garbage, and went shopping. Her son heard the garbage truck coming and rushed outside with the can......and the rest is history. I believe they lost about $12,000.....this was in the 1960's. They gave some excuse to the city saying they threw out some important documents, and were allowed into the dump to search for them. They never did find their moola.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

A similer thing happened to my brother. He used to keep his camo in garbage bags in his garage. Well, one day while he was at work, his wife cleaned out the garage!!! Now, he keeps his camo in big Rubbermaid containers. That lesson cost him a few hundred $$$.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

OK, my stupid. I bought a $1,000 pair of Swarovski binos. After finishing the hunt I stood at the back of my Explorer with the cargo hatch window open to undress. I had my binos on with the bino buddy straps. I took the binos off and laid them on the bumper. I stripped off my camo, stuffed it in my scent proof bag and through everything in the car. Got in and drove away. About 3 miles from where I was hunting I saw some deer about 400 yards off the road in a field. I reached for my binos and they're gone. I panicked. I had left them on the bumper. I just knew they'd fallen off and someone found them or they got run over and destroyed. I jumped out, they're still sitting on the bumper with the bino buddy straps slid between the bumper and the car and look like they haven't moved. Glad for that rubber cladding.[&:]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:33 AM

I'm amazed. To think that there are still honest people in the world in the year 2004. Obviously the guy must have been a bow hunter and knew that the bow was no good and gave it back.

Really though, I'm glad to hear he got his bow back. That was almost a very exspensive lesson.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of all places to leave your new Bow On the garbage, This guy obviously is destined for bad luck with moves like this .

nubo
Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Normally I'd think that your brother is a bit older and say "It's a senior thing", but assuming he's not old I would tell him "It gets worse as you get older".
Old 04-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was practicing with my Pro40 last year out the front and as always I sat the bow down on the bow stand to go retrieve my arrows.

When I turned around my bow was gone WTF I went back to my shooting spot and here was 2 kids walking down the street with it.

Boy was that a painful experience for them not only did they try and steal my bow but they also came onto my property to get it.

After the butt whooping I gave them I called the cops and had them carted off.

But honestly how stupid where they to take a bow while they was on foot how far did they expect to get.

Quick Reply: Lost bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.