Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost bow

Old 04-01-2004, 12:11 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost bow...that's nothing.

I was a victim of the trash man also. I keep all my hunting clothes in a cedar chest and transport them in garbage bags. My mom passed away a couple falls ago and I went home for a fairly extended period. Was bow season so I had three large garbage bags full of gear, clothes, range finder, binos, etc. Put them in the garage and someone that was helping clean etc, put them in the trash. Nobody's fault but I now use only white trash sacks and label them in really big letters. Thank goodness for homeowners insurance. I filed a claim and they replaced everything.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:14 PM

Yikes[&:] Close call!!!

I'll bet he learned his lesson though.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

First off, that would have just made me sick if it was my bow. But, in the end I would have just blamed it on my Wife!! J/K, that guy is really lucky, I would probably never be that lucky if I lost it.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Lost bow

He's VERY lucky indeed!
davidmil, I know how you feel.[&:]
Back in 94' I had a brand new Martin. I had been out hunting all morning and got back to my jeep and put my bow up on top of it so that I could get out my keys to unlock the door.
I got the door unlocked, opened up the rear door and proceeded to take off my pack, coat, gloves, etc... and then shut the door got in and drove away down a pretty bumpy road.
About 1-2 miles down the road I glanced into the back seat and was startled that I did not see my bow.
Realizing what I had done I hit the brakes and jumped out, to find my bow still resting where I had put it. WHEW[]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:39 PM

Very lucky indeed. I'm suprised the trash guy didn't throw the bow away thinking it was trash. There is a similarity.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:27 AM

In response to Ausie-guy....

Something almost similar happened to me in the end-of-season last year. I was practicing alone in an outdoor enclosed archery area. After flinging arrows at the 20 and 30 meters targets, I would place the bow on the bow stand, and go fetch my arrows. There was a guy leaning on his forearms on the outside of the chest-high fence watching me. After shooting at the 50 meters target, I brought my bow with me to the target while getting my arrows everytime. That guy was making me nervous....especially his car was only a few feet away. I didn't want to find out if he would've jumped over the fence, and ripoff my bow as I was walking to/at the 50 meters target.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am suprised that the new bowtech didn't get trash compacted. People all over the world are throwing new bewtech bows in the trash, after they get them home & find out they are junk.

LMAO!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:19 PM

Wow, that would suck. I would be freakin out too.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

My grandparents have a mom and pop country store that is connected to their house. Every night my grandma would go out and put thier cash in the trunk of her car to keep safe. They too are old folks who dont put much trust in banks. Well some friends of ours told her she didnt need to take that kind of money outside when people around knew what she was doing, that she might get robbed. So they convinced her to put the money in the oven. Yeah the oven You know where this is going. Any way I was at the store one day when a lady came in to write them a "new check" they pulled the old one out of a bank sack. The check was burned in half. I asked how in the world did the money catch on fire and why was the check burned. Well my grandma took their advise and put the money in the oven. Well that night she decided to make some cornbread when she preheated the oven she also preheated the money. She put on her ovenmits threw the on fire bank sack outside in the drive way. Tried to put the money out. Most of the money burned up. When they tried to pick some of it up that was not totally lost it just turned to dust. Well she called a bank and asked them what could be done about the cash they lost. They said if you could salvage the serial numbers off the cash that they could replace only those bills. Long story short lost about $6,000.00. She keeps her money in her trunk again.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:15 PM

Long story short lost about $6,000.000

now is that supposed to be 6 thousand or 6 million?

Quick Reply: Lost bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.