Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Form?

Old 03-27-2004, 08:18 PM

Default My Form?

Always looking for helpful hints.

Hows my form?

Old 03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My Form?

Draw length is too long, get the tip of that finger off the release. You want to curl your finger around that trigger. It really does look like you're stretching out to get to the wall. Left arm appears locked and straight. At the very least you have too much palm into the grip. Get the bow resting on the pad of the thumb and it's harder to induce torgue from any position. It also looks like you have the makings for a death grip on that bow at the shot. Relax that bow hand and loosen up the fingers a little. It's hard to say from the pictures really, but it looks like your release hand elbow is a little high, probably a product of a too long draw length.

NOW TELL me you just won the Vegas Shoot.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:53 PM

About the Grip: Normally I don't grip the bow like this. With the digital camera I have I have 5 seconds after I click to step back, draw, align the peep with the pin, and relax. Usually the bow always rests in the crotch of my hand.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:57 PM

I agree with davidmil draw length is to long. Also the tip of your trigger finger should be almost pointing down, at least it works best for me that way. The trigger should be closer to the first joint. It will be easier to squeeze the trigger like that. Try it you'll like it.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:26 PM

The big thing I see:

Is that your release hand is above your release elbow. You want to be able to draw a straight line from your elbow - through your wrist - through your nock - then into the throat of the grip. The position you have now need much more muscle to hold draw. your line is pointing into the top limb. This is usually caused by a long draw.

I see no problem with a straight arm - many Top shooters shoot this style.

I would also say your trigger finger needs to be much deeper into the trigger - first knuckle at min.

But then what do I know
Old 03-28-2004, 09:06 AM

This guy is world class.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with davidmill allso , try a bow thats an inch shorter on draw , or adjust the one you have and see how it shoots for you .
Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 AM

where is your arrow??
Old 03-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you hit what you are aiming at on a consistent basis?
Old 03-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

It would help if you could get someone to snap a photo of you at full draw (so you're not racing the camera) and fully get into your actual shooting form. Also, aim at a spot on the wall that's at eye level. Your shoulders and everything are out of whack in that photo.

I agree with the suggestions made above. Plus, the inside bend of the elbow should be perpendicular to the floor, not parallel.

Quick Reply: My Form?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.