Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Form?

Old 03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My Form?

washington hunter, you are a brave man to ask this question. I applaud you for that. There is a lot of good advice here. Don't get discouraged at all.

I don't think I have anything more then what other people have offered.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:40 PM

I'd try a 1/2" -1" shorter
Old 03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are in trouble........ You know we're not allowed to give advice on shooting form
Old 03-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

WHO????? US????? Nah, we don't give advice..... just criticism.[8D] If he was perfect we'd still find fault with his clothes or something.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, that's right! This entire thread is off topic for the bowhunting forum! Where's the form forum?[8D]
Old 03-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Your upper body should form a "T" at full draw, see the photo by Rack Attack, your right fore arm should be parell to your leftarm Your left arm should have a bend to it.
Your realease hand looks a bit far back also .
like Rack Attack said some shooters do ok with straight arms. I'm lucky because I can shoot with a bent arm and still shoot a 30 inch draw length. I feel alot more comfortable with a bent arm. It keeps clothing and skin away from the string. Good luck Jim
Old 03-29-2004, 07:58 PM
pup

One other thing i noticed is your left should is up to high, drope it down into the socket and you will be able to hold alot more steady, I also agree on shortening your draw length atleast a inch and then straiten out your release arm so your rist isnt all cocked.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 PM

THERE IS SOME GOOD ADVICE HERE. I HEARD SOMEWHERE THAT TO GET YOUR CORRECT DRAW LENGTH, MAKE A FIST WITH YOUR LEFT HAND AND PLACE IT AGAINST A WALL HAVING A SLIGHT BEND IN YOUR LEFT ELBOW. NOW BRING YOUR RIGHT ARM BACK LIKE YOU ARE DRAWING YOUR BOW. HAVE SOMEBODY MEASURE THE DISTANCE FROM THE WALL TO THE RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH AND WALLA THERE'S YOUR DRAW LENGTH.

SO FROM YOUR PIC IT LOOKS AS THOUGH YOUR STRING IS ABOUT AN INCH PAST THE CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH. SO I WOULD TRY SHORTENING YOUR DRAW TO 28". GOOD LUCK MAN.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:53 PM
pup

That is one way of measuring draw length. I just got back from bernie pellerites shooting school and he tought me the best way to measure it. I might get some crap for this but here we go anyways
strech your arms out and measure your wing span then devide it in half and subtract 7.5''
(if you have abnormaly short or long fingers it will vary a little)
it sounds kinda strangr but trust me it works.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Dominant Buck

That's not strange at all pup. Len has a wing span chart on the wall behind his bench. He starts there and then tweeks you for physical differences.... but it's usally within 1/2 inch.

Quick Reply: My Form?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.