Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

crimson tide broadhead

Old 03-18-2004, 05:31 PM

Default crimson tide broadhead

I have been hearing lately about a new broadhead called the Crimson Tide. Really, the only thing i know about them is that the blades are helical, like vanes. Does any one know anything about these, who they are made by, available weights and such. Also, they are claiming to fly like a fieldpoint. Can anyone confirm?
Old 03-18-2004, 05:35 PM

Default RE: crimson tide broadhead

All I know is that some people complain because the blades tend to shred when they hit an animal. Some people say the blades break off. I believe 5 shot did a review on them, he should chime in soon.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will kill game as wel as any but the blades bend way to easy and they cost twice as much as other heads. They are accurate, but not any more so than a Muzzy or thunderhead. I do understand they have made some improvements this year but I have not tried any of the revamped heads.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used these blades last season for moose hunting .They are called Crimson Talons and I agree the blade are very flimsy and don't take a whole lot of abuse.I broke one shooting into my target. The cost is almost double of most blade's .I don't feel these blades are worth thier asking price. Although they do fly well up to 30yrds ,but who's gonna shoot much over 30yrds anyway's .I'm gonna try the Montac G5's this season or maybe the Ultimate steel 100's. I only use 100gr broadheads.

nubo