Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Eagles Bows Pro and Con

Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Oneida Eagles Bows Pro and Con

Had one of these back in the early 90's shot real well, incredibly smooth draw but a bit noisy. Are the newer models improved in the noise department? Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oneida Eagles Bows Pro and Con

Yes, they have improved considerably in the noise dept.
And they still are the smoothest compound bow to draw, imo.
They have alot less parts than the old models, and are very easy to work on and change a string.
Plus, you can experiment with all the moduals, for tweaking draw length and letoff, with an allen wrench.
I don't think you would be dissappointed with a new black eagle.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:47 AM

They have improved a lot on noise, but they are still noisey campared to other bows. I think the main drawbacks are the fact that they require a lot more maintenance and encounter more problems. I say this because the shop I work at there are always a bunch that come in every year with busted/worn power cables, busted timing cables, warped limbs, and so on. Yes a lot of this is due to the fact that many owners don't maintain them the way they should. And in Oneida's defence I have not had many newer style bow come in with problems. Aside from that I have heard a lot of stories about the limbs taking out peoples knees.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Techy,
You touched on something that i mentioned, the older models are prone to problems, noise, breakage, etc.
The new models are really reliable, easy to work on, quieter,etc.
I know this because i have owned compounds,mathews,bowtech,merlin,jennings,and still own hoyt and oneida.
I have first hand experience, with the new breed oneidas, black eagle, and pro.
They are a quality bow, that not alot of people have experience with, so most people always say things like, hard to work on, noisey, and other mis information on the newer models 2001-present.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Owned 3 older Oneidas....Screaming Eagle, Strike Force and Lite Force Magnum....no problems what-so-ever. I sincerely believe any so called limb problems were self oriented as in...........hunters having the limbs too close to objects, non-maintenance, etc.

In all those years I shot those bows, I found them easy to work on and tune. Changing power cables is not hard either. I hate to sound like a know-it-all, but in my opinion any problems were the owner's fault most of the time.

I have no experience with the Black Eagle, but the Lite Force Magnum I owned was a honey!! It was not slow either. I should have kept it.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:36 PM

Have you guys seen those new ESC limbs on the new black eagle. My shop ordered one for a guy. Should be a little quieter due to less string slap.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, thanks for all the replies...the one fond memory I have of that bow was a smooth draw. In my opinion a smooth draw will make or break a shot on an animal...I am going to go extra light on this one if I end up with it maybe 50-55 lbs . Thanks once again
Old 03-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Cougar mag,
You are right the liteforce was a sweet bow, i had 2 of them, 1 was michigan autumn, the other was oneidas in house advantage paint job. Sweet shooters, but i like the new models without the pylons, ( black eagle ,pro.)
Techy, i have a black eagle ESC, it is quiet and a sweet shooter!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I have owned 2 Oneidas. A Tomcat for 15 years and now a Black Eagle. I only needed maintance once on my Tomcat. I noticed my limbs had loose hinge bolts. It took 1 hour to break down, tighten the screws, put it back together and sight in(including 15 minute drive to range). You can't beat that unless your bows a traditional. Oh yeah they don't have screws. If anyone has major problems with thier Oneidas it has to be bad out of the box or abuse.

My Black Eagle is the last bow I plan on buying unless I go traditional.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is anyone familiar with the Omni-flight model? Kept pretty much up to date with them model wise but don't remember this model. I also saw where the old company now makes a version of these bows but without wheels..

Quick Reply: Oneida Eagles Bows Pro and Con

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.