Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Proshop

Old 03-15-2004, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Your Proshop

We are lucky here in Western Washington . . . we have three [and probably more] within a short drive. And ALL are SUPERIOR.

Remember though even Pros will differ.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're lucky enough to have a few good ones around here now. There was a particular one (opinionated S.O.B) that was the only one close awhile ago that prompted me to learn how to do all of my own work. It's something thats very easily learned and is very rewarding in alot of ways when you can do everything yourself from fixing your own bow , maint. , etc. to cutting and fletching your own arrows.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:58 AM

Mine isnt worth beans......so I'm learing and slowly buying my own equipment to do the work myself.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

oldelkhunter you can't mean Len on washington.? He is a very prominent figure in the bowhunting community.
Understand he is also in the bowhunter hall of fame also. He taught me how to shoot a bow though and I am a better shooter because of him . But I paid a steep price for it.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter
there was a ripoff artist in Belleville New Jersey
are you talking about butts and bows ?? i always though len was a little high ,but i didn't think he was a ripoff! i got my first bow from him way back in 1979 ,still have it too!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

are you talking about butts and bows ?? i always though len was a little high ,but i didn't think he was a ripoff! i got my first bow from him way back in 1979 ,still have it too!
Its not until I moved out of the area and tried other bowshops that I realized how much I overpaid for going to his shop. Lets leave it at that .
Old 03-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Small world, we all patronized the same shop, Len was a good instructor. Got my Bow license from him in 83 although I received my shotgun license in 1970.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:37 PM

oldelkhunter
i quit going there in the late eighties only because i found a place i liked better, i don't live in nj anymore ,but there is always someone somewhere who only cares about the almighty dollar.there are two shops around here both are good and there prices are about the same ,but higher than the catalogs.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jerseyhunter, it is a small world , He taught the hunter safety course for archery back in 71 thats when I got my first bow license. He gave me very good tips on shooting but problem back then was he had no competition and compounds were just starting to appear so I guess he could charge what he wanted at the time.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:40 PM

thats where i took my hunter saftey course back in 1979.

Quick Reply: Your Proshop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.