Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting Stealth Cam pics....

Old 03-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Interesting Stealth Cam pics....

I must have missed the original post, but was this on private property?
Old 03-11-2004, 11:11 AM
nub

Thats a buck? Original must be a better pic.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Frank, what model camera are you using? Nice pics.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I sure do like your determination--you've got to be one hellofva hunter!! Not sure I would have had to courage to do that again, more so if the area is crown land. And if it isn't-- well it's certainly surprising to see 'honest trespassers'!!
Nevertheless, hats off to the two gentlemen who have shown that they have great morals and would get my vote for the ethical role models.
Definitely an example that can build our "FAITH"!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

is this on private property and are you using any theft detterant device. could you use a python lock somehow?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

First off, this is on Pennsylvania State game lands...public property. These folks are not trespassers but rather just some guys who are out scouting during the off season.

I have not put any theft deterrent device on the camera for two reasons. One, if you knew some of the folks I run into where I hunt then you would understand that if they cannot get it off the tree then they are likely to damage it. Two, if you know some of the folks I run into where I hunt then you would understand that they probably carry bolt cutters and any other device necessary to remove items from trees....

Rack,

Ya got me. One area my knowledge base is severly lacking is in flora and fauna. I have a severe lack of knowledge when it comes to different plant types. I would guess that to be one of the reasons I am only an "average hunter".

If anyone could help in regard to Rack's question then I would appreciate it.

Cougar,

This is just the inexpensive MC2-G Stealth Cam. You know the one that everyone was buying at Walmart for $69 last summer. I have mixed feelings about its performance. On one hand it does produce some nice pics and is really easy to set up. However, on more than one model I have had problems with the film loading and rewinding procedures. If it happens with this one (my third) then I am going to call Stealth directly to see what they say I can do.

nub,

Yes, that is a buck. It is a bit easier to see on the original. The pic appears to have faded a bit when I had it scanned. Sorry.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did the deer come down the trail after the two guys did?
The deer shot looks like it was taken in the morning with the sun low off to the S/E, while the ones with the guys looks more like afternoon within an hour or so of each other, with the sun in the S/W.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:08 AM

Ya got me. One area my knowledge base is severly lacking is in flora and fauna. I have a severe lack of knowledge when it comes to different plant types
Hey thats O.K. PA - I never said I was a Fauna Pro

You could have just said some big trees and some little bushes and I would of been satisfied
Old 03-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, there were some big trees and some little bushes.

Seriously, there is a canopy about 8-9 feet off the ground. That is what you are seeing with those small "bushes" on either side of the trail. Then you have the high level canopy of those long, tall trees in the background. Most of the large trees are conducive to climbers while the lower "brush" level conceals treestands from approaching deer....at least from their angle.... Most of the area I hunt are like this.