Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

U may of seen this before

Old 03-09-2004, 03:51 PM

Default U may of seen this before

"The hunter was a boy with MS. The deer was raised by a breeder who culled it and put it in a 500 acre enclosure to be hunted. Although not eligible for B&C, it is still a fine trophy for a boy battling a difficult disease."

From Iowa whitetails board:

Tony Lovstuen's recent harvest of the potential world record NT by hunter has sent quite a shock wave through the whitetail community. A whitetail of this magnitude of course is going to create allot of attention and with the attention - myths and rumors are bound to follow.

I've recently had a chance to spend some time with the family and the enormous rack (including sheds found in the spring of 2002). Before I go any further I would like to again congratulate Tony for harvesting this exceptional whitetail. I would also like to give allot credit to Doug as well - he has handled the harvest and publicity extremely well. His positive attitude and down to earth nature amidst of the hysteria is incredible.

During our special visit not only was I allowed to handle the rack (12 lbs) but also clarify first hand the rumors that are beginning to surface . . . before these rumors tarnish a fair and ethical hunt. I think it's best the TRUTH come out . . .

THE TRUTH

Yes - a potential world record NT scoring 322 4/8" (unofficial green score) was harvested by a youth hunter (Tony Luvstuen age 15) on Sept 29 and recovered on Sept 30 using a muzzleloader.

No - the carcass was not confiscated by the DNR nor were there any traces any other bullet holes except for the fatal shot made by Tony.

"Why aren't Pictures being release?"
North American Whitetail has an exclusive contract with the family to publish the pictures and story first. Pictures will not be released until the January 2004 Edition of North American Whitetail - after the release they will be made available.

No - Cabela's did not offer $500K, $1Million or $2Million for exclusive rights. If you or somebody wants to pay this kind of money the family would like to talk .

No - a "bait pile" was not involved in the harvest of this buck. Conservation officers gave thumbs up after examining the scene (per the family request).

Although it's hard to age this buck Doug believes the animal to be between 8-10 years old.

No -this picture is not the buck from Albia Iowa

I thought the buck was going down hill"
All pictures released of this buck are from the 2000 sheds and from live trail cam and video footage in 2001. The pictures taken of the buck over the bait pile are from 2001 - Please read for details ALBIA HISTORY for more detail on this great buck.

I hope this clarifies some of the misconceptions out there and remember we have an open phone line to the direct source - so please question yours.

Thanks,

Iowawhitetail Staff

This thing has made circles around the net with false information. I hope this helps to clear it all up. Both boys deserve all the attention from thier hunts they can get.

Lee

Old 03-09-2004, 04:31 PM

Default RE: U may of seen this before

Honestly, even as big as it is, I think the rack is ugly.

Congrats to the kid though, mighty fine harvest for anyone.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:16 PM

i agree with u washington hntr. . . . .thats al most as ugly as the freak buck
Old 03-09-2004, 08:32 PM

Man thats an ugly rack!!! Yea, id take it, and it is huge. but it just aint all the pretty. Definatly unique, ill give it that. Congrats to the kid, i know im jelous!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:23 PM

woah, woah....aussie, the info u have given is right but the pic. is the wrong pic... that kid is not tony lovstuen...tony's buck was featured on the cover of north american whitetail...i have seen that pic before but i don't know any info on that except that the kid had MS...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:27 PM

I swear I still think that's Ray Ramano on the left... I'm surprised his nosey mother let him take his kid hunting by himself! [8D]
Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 PM
nub

hoytusa: Says right in the article the pic is not of Luvs. buck.

The buck in the pic was shot off a game farm(pen) in Wisconsin.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't this the lovstuen buck?
Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry

Old 03-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

It would make a good hat stand if nothing else..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.