Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching colors ?

Old 03-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletching colors ?

I'm getting ready to 'roll my own' and put together some new arrows.
As I was looking through the catalogs at feathers, I became curious about what colors the rest of you use.

I want to make a big batch of identical arrows with 2 or 3 different fletch color schemes.
--One with a couple of fairly bright colors (not incl. green) for early deer season, when there are still leaves on the trees.

--One with very bright, maybe odd ball, colors for 3-D, and field target shooting.

--And one maybe with more dull natural colors, in case I get into hunting turkey.

What do you use and why?
Do you try to blend in when hunting? (say, because there are turkey in the area you hunt)
...or do you use bright unnatural colors to make them easier to find after shooting?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching colors ?

I use bright colors so I can see them when I go to recover them. I use two fluorescent orange and a fluorescent green right now. I've thought about using a white one too so I would be able to see blood easier on the arrows.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Here's a picture with my arrows in it. I use these because they are easy to see and find.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 AM

2 orange ,1 yeller ,flo green super knocks, i didn't have a choice on the knocks
Old 03-03-2004, 12:34 PM

I go with 2 white and 1 blue. White sticks out like a sore thumb unless there is snow, and when there is snow, there is nothing esle around that is blue
Old 03-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Two green, one orange, and an orange supernock.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:54 PM

Two Yellow and one Orange with a custom made white wrap. I use yellow or orange nocks.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:12 PM

Two yellow and one white, with EZ crests. I'm color blind and can see the brighter colors much easyer.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I dip them white and then use two white and one red. White is the easiest color for my eyes to follow.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My current arrows are fletched with 3 chartreuse barred shield cut feathers and white cresting wraps with lighted nocks.

My new arrows will have 3 flourescent yellow sheild cut feathers with white crestings and lighted nocks. I wish they made barred feathers in flourescent yellow. The chartreuse is too green.

Quick Reply: Fletching colors ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.