Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going to Africa!!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Going to Africa!!!!

im heading to south africa may 15 for 2 weeks. where are you heading? maybe i will see you there!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:02 PM

liquidorange....I am traveling to Potgietersrus in RSA. It is in the Lompopo district. 4 hrs north of JNB. The outfitter and PH is Safari Afrika...Richard Lemmer is the owner.

Where are you off to?

BTW I was planning to bring a dozen arrows and BH's
Old 03-02-2004, 08:23 AM

If you're going after a lion check this out. Bring some backup

http://www.media.ebaumsworld.com/ind...e=lionhunt.wmv
Old 03-02-2004, 08:32 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I would take two donzen arrows and a dozen broadheads and then another dozen replacement blades. The thing you need to think about is that once you get to the concession you won't be able to get any equipment.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 PM

Mez,
Thanks for the advice. I will probably overpack as usual. BTW I won't be hunting lion!!!! Kudu, impala, blesbok, gemsbok, etc.....I guess that's why they call it dangerous game
Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

im heading to the limpopo valley also. im going with cruiser safaris. my brother got me all fired up back in august and with a ton of homework we decided to go with them this year. prices werent too bad for a trip of a lifetime. 4200$ for 10 days not including day you arrive and leave so its like 12 days. all is included and its for 6 various plains game that you can pick from. got our airfare for 1200$. if anyone is interested i would check out the cruiser safaris site. they have one of the best and most informative sites out of them all. BOB at cruiser has done a great job setting up the site and it will blow your mind. every question you could think of and then some. my brother originally wanted to go for brown bear as a trip of dreams and we decided this would be a better value and the both of us could hunt rather than me just film his 10 thousand dollar hunt that i could never afford.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:23 AM

liquidorange...If you have not done so look up this thread a ways and go to the African bowhunt site. It is very similar to this forum but is strictly dedicated to Africa. There was a ton there that I did not know....especially about shot placement on African game.. It is VERY different than white tail or elk. There is also a lot of experience on travel tips, trophy handling, etc. I have not been but from what I have read this aint no trip to Kansas....It takes much different prep. Send me a private email and we can talk about prep. It seems like I'll be pretty close to you for the 10 days you are there.

I really lucked out on my trip....I met a guy who won this at a SCI event and none of his buddies could go on short notice. My cost for the 10 days is $150. I was able to finally use all those frequent flyer miles from my old job (had to pay $63 tax on the ticket). Trophy fees for kudu, impala, blesbok, wart hog are about $2500 which is kind of steep. But with free airfare and free lodging I'm not going to complain.

Again send me an email and let's compare notes on trip prep.