Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting friend falling

Old 02-29-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Hunting friend falling

Have a friend I loaned a 14+ yr old martin to a few years ago hoping he would pick up on bow hunting. Well I run into him yesterday morning and he told me he was going on a javalina hunt in deep tx next month using that old martin. Well the bow isn't a bad shooter but its got eratic cams and isn't any where near a hunting bow so I loaned him my HC 4 runner knowing it will push him over the limit. He is already a hunting freak and I'm sure it won't take much. He has a two limit hog hunt and I told him to take the first one with the bow cause after the first bow kill he will probably leave the rifle in the truck. Hope this trip does it since I don't have anybody close that shoots.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting friend falling

you're a great buddy....i got my first hog with my bow, HC this past archery season....he'll love it
Old 02-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't gotten a kill yet with my bow but still addicted to shooting regardless. I can tell that once i get my first kill that i'll even be more addicted

Can't wait to go hog hunting again
Old 02-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I loaned a good friend of mine my Golden Eagle Splitfire ,he's an avid rifle man and I know he's tempted but he kept telling me he would never use a bow.When ever I would go up to his property to practice or go out back he would ask me all kind's of question's about my bow and how set it up and using it .When I ordered my new bow I called him and told him I was coming to visit , then I handed him my bow and arrow's and a release he was shocked but he couldn't put it down, we even went out back and shot it for a while .I haven't talked to him for about 3 week's now so next week I'll try to get up and see him to see how he's making out with it .

nubo