Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Razortec setup?

Old 02-27-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Razortec setup?

Got my new Razortec! Now I want to get some accessories.

Release I'm getting is Short n' Sweet Pro. Is there that much difference between the I and II version, which is better?

I was interested in the Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fall Away arrow rest. But when I asked the Pro at my local archery shop what a good all around rest would be for hunting and target he suggested the Bodoodle rest. Said the fall aways are just not as accurate and the Bodoodle would provide all the arrow containment I need. He also said the Bodoodle is very quiet.

I was torn between the Extreme Sniper sight and the Viper Archery sight. But after looking at both, I can say the Viper is a better made, more solid sight. Weighs a little more but that is not a concern to me.

I really like the looks of the Alpine MR2 and MR3 stabilizers. Are they any good? Seem very well made with lots of adjustment options.

What's a good string loop and nock that I can put on my self? I want a setup that will be good for both hunting and target but more geared to hunting. I've heard this can be difficult to setup but the archery shop wants like $100.00 to do it. I would like to be self sufficient and not have to rely on a shop for this work. But this may be beyond my ability to get it right, if so what's a fair price for this type of work?

As far as arrows go the Easton C2's got it going on.

Any suggestions or help on setting up this bow would be great. And if it will save me some money by doing it myself, even better. Not that I don't want to support my local archery shop. I would just like to be able to do it myself. Kind of like changing the spark plugs on my truck.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Razortec setup?

Bump
Old 02-28-2004, 10:44 AM

ttt
Old 02-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you from experience, the VBG is one heckuva rest! I have one on my Liberty, and the only way a fallaway isnt as accurate or more then a prong rest, is if the guy doesnt know how to set one up.