Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check in requirements?

Old 02-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check in requirements?

Yep... just like ijimmy said. we don't have to do a thing. But if you are on state land, ya gotsta check it at the gate, except for Osceola WMA there is no gate yet they have several check stations you are suppoed to go to but most people don't. during the week there is only one that is open and it could be a 70 mile round trip to check a deer.

Where I bowhunt they have a biologist who is serious bout his job. He weighs it measures it, takes the jawbone out so he can tell how old it is, and he takes notes on all of this. If there is anything you want to know about the deer in "his" area just ask him and he will let you know.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check in requirements?

Virginia is supposed to start a new call in checking program this year. In terms of convenience I am sure hunters will love it, including myself. But I know from hunting in North Carolina which has a call in checking system, a lot of kills are NOT reported.