Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need HELP with a Hoyt.

Old 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need HELP with a Hoyt.

Well I thought I had my new bow limited down to a Mathews Outback or Hoyt XTec. Last night I shot them both again. I was going to buy the one I liked the best. Well I went ahead and shot the RazorTec, XTec & Outback, just for the heck of it.[:@]
I ruled out the Outback. I really can not decide between the RazorTec & XTec? I am going back tonight to shoot them both again and decide between the two?
The XTec is 35 1/2" with a Brace Height of 7" Weight 4-lbs 2-oz
The RazorTec is 33" with a Brace height of 7 1/4" Weight 3-lbs 12-oz.
You can see that the RazorTec is lighter & shorter with a longer brace height. The XTec feels just as good in my hands as the RazorTec. I might even like the feel of the XTec a little more? I am not sure just yet??? I have shot 40 more arrows from the XTec than the RazorTec. The owner of the proshop told me to shoot as many times as I needed to decide. I told him I would know tonight. Then he will set it up & I will take it home.
What would be the deciding factor for you between these two bows? Besides fliping a coin.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:12 AM

Default RE: I need HELP with a Hoyt.

There isn't that much difference between the two. If I were going to do 3D or some targets I would get the longer one. Well actually I bought both in 2003. They both work out of trees too.. It gets down too how much weight do you want to tote around...
Old 02-19-2004, 11:33 AM

if your shooting that many arrows out of them and can't decide ,buy them both !! if you can't do that then flip a coin !! and tell your dealer with a big smile on your face hey can i get a better deal on one of these "used" bows! good luck!
Old 02-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally, I like the feel and size of the Razortec better...but that is me and totally subjective. And even though the brace is only advertised as being 1/4 inch larger that is still slightly more room to compensate for potential arm slap with heavy clothes.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year, I shot a LOT of bows--some from other maufacturers and several by Hoyt. the razortec won out over all the others. And like Bees said, they work well out of trees too! It's the sweetest shooting bow I've ever owned.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have to agree with all above... I bought a razortec for a reason
Old 02-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I hope I don't get to pick who you will be having dinner with tonight too. You have to go with the one YOU like the best regardless of what anyone else likes! []

I would be happy to take the XTec!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I ever make up my mind between the Bowtech & the Hoyt, my Hoyt of choice will be the Razortec. I want the short bow.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

What we don't know is what type of hunting you do. If you're hunting the thick stuff and most of your shots are inside 15 yards, the shorter bow is the ticket. If you're hunting big timber and most of your shots are over twenty, I'd pick the Xtec. One other thing if you change out bows every year like some, the Xtec is going to hold its value better.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the XTec. I went in there tonight with a clear head. The RazorTec is sweet but the XTec just feels better to me.

Quick Reply: I need HELP with a Hoyt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.