Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting time and travel

Old 02-18-2004, 01:36 PM

Default hunting time and travel

I spent the better part of 30 days or so in a tree stand hunting deer last fall, and traveled about 2 hours to get to my spot. I am just wondering how many days y'all spend, and how many miles spent travelling last fall to pursue our passion.
I would LOVE to bowhunt deer in Texas. Is there anywhere y'all would really like to hunt before our time here is done?
Old 02-18-2004, 01:44 PM

Default RE: hunting time and travel

I didn't get to hunt very much this year at all, I probably spent 20 days hunting and I too drive about 2 hrs to my hunting grounds. I would love to go whitetail hunting out West, Montana, etc
Old 02-18-2004, 01:51 PM

I hunt only locally. One spot is 30 minutes away and another is an hour. I use the closer spot to hunt a morning here and an evening there during the work week and hardly ever take a vacation day to hunt. I only get out about 20 times during the whole September 15-December 31 season.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt one spot right behind my house and two more spots that I have to drive roughly an hour. I probably hunted 25 mornings and 40 afternoons with about 20 of those days being daylight until dark days.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hunted everyday of archery and gun season. I guess it was 60 or so total. I tallied the hours once and it was scary!! Luckily I travel about 15 minutes from my house. Most of the time I went from work where I drove a utility golf cart (gator) to where I hunt.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:31 PM

I probably hunted 25 mornings and 40 afternoons with about 20 of those days being daylight until dark days
Where do you work?

Apparantly you are not married[:'(]
Old 02-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always hunt on my days off unless it's Sunday (there's no Sunday hunting where I live and football is on right after church anyway).

Since I work a 4 on 2 off schedule PLUS I take off 3 weeks in late Oct/early Nov, I probably got out all or part of 45-50 days.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where do you work?

Apparantly you are not married
Most of my all day hunts were weekends except for 5-7 of them which were vacation. Other than I hunt in the afternoons after work during Oct. and the first part of Nov. and weekends morning and afternoons. To answer your question I am a manager with pretty flexible schedule and yes I am married, at least for now
Old 02-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I probably hunted 20 days and spent about 1/2 hour for 12 of those trips. Four trips took 45 minutes and the other four about an hour and 15 minutes.

I'm trying to find spots closer to where I live so I can spend those precious hours in the woods and not in the car.

Fritz
Old 02-18-2004, 06:24 PM

I probably got in about 10 mornings and 15 afternoons . If I could I would be out every day. Unfortunately the work weeks are longer than the weekends if you guys know what I mean!

Quick Reply: hunting time and travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.