Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT users

Old 02-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ASAT users

Mlaubner, I have wrote the ASAT guys about being interested in the bibs and never heard back from them. I might just have to wait on the DayOne order to see what ASAT themselves will come out with as far as bibs go. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:47 AM

Talked to one of the owners in the booth at Harrisburg. He siad they were planning on coming out with some aditional clothing options very soon, including some "waterproof" fabrics. Take that for what it's worth.

To answer someones question regarding Day One. They make great stuff. Very high quality and a good value for the price. Many state that they are expensive but not when you conisider a Browning fleece jacket its about 200 bucks and a Day One is about $160. I will be ordering several garments from them this year. I also plan to buy some Raven Wear stuff as soon as they start to use some better patterns. (they stopped using ASAT and can't get licensing on Predator) TGK
Old 02-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

My fleece ASAT is from Day One. All of their stuff is made to order and the quality is first rate. Concerning using ASAT on the ground, I was hunting on the ground last bow season and was winded by a doe that was 30 yards away. She blew and stared at me for close to 10 minutes but she couldn't make me out. She bounded straight away from me and disappeared into some thick brush. Thinking she was gone I relaxed and moved (a lot actually) and then she really took off. My background was a hillside of hardwood tree leaves and maybe a few branches. She absolutely could not see me.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:40 PM

i hardly hunt from the ground anyway so i think ASAt camo with scent-lok liner is my choice of PA bow season 2004