Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody here have a Hoyt Supertec or.....

Old 02-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anybody here have a Hoyt Supertec or.....

any other Hoyt with the Spiral cam & 1/2? What are your impressions.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody here have a Hoyt Supertec or.....

I do not have one but have shot the supertec a few times. Its draw cycle isn't to stout it actually has a tame curve for the speed it puts out. It has a nice hard back wall and gets help from the draw stop in that department. It is basically shock / recoil free once you put your stabilizer and cable guard dampners on it.

Its a rocket and along with that you get the not so pleasnt aspects of this bow. It has no valley to speak of, any string creep and it wants to tear you arm off!! It also only as a 6 inch brace height. That isn't such a big deal if you have a shorter draw length though. But if you pull 29 or 30 inchs it defently is a factor.

It's my opinion if you shoot with good consistant form this would be a great bow for you.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, unfortunately I shoot a 30" draw length. The 6" brace height is not a HUGE concern, because the bow I shoot now is a 2 cam bow with a 6.5" brace height. I'm not looking for a tack driver, this will be a purely hunting rig. Too bad they only offer it in 65% letoff, but I guess you have to compromise somewhere to get the speed.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you like the spiral cam 1/2 take a look at the ultratec. It is a little longer axle to axle (37 1/2 inches) but puts out 317 fps IBO with a 7 inch brace height. Maybe a little longer than ideal for a hunting rig but its a performer.