Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hard case question

Old 02-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hard case question

what kind of hard case do you use to carry/transport your bow? I am wanting to get one. i would like to get a Flambeaux, but can't find them (PA show, Cabelas, Gander Mt.). i like the looks of the Plano but they don't have straps to keep the bow from moving in the case. in my opinion, that is a must. what do people think? anyone know where to get a Flambeux??
Old 02-14-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: hard case question

I picked mine up at an Acadamy store. I really wish i had an SKB case, but man they are expensive!
Old 02-14-2004, 06:57 PM
8PT

I have a Plano Protector and it does have the straps for the bow. They are not installed when you buy it new, but are stored under the foam so you can mount them where they need to be to fit your bow best. I also have a small Bowguard case for my little Diamond Hornet that I really like. It fits the shorter bows really well. If you look at a Plano just look under the foam to make sure the straps and hardware are there.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:44 PM

I have had a SKB single bow case for 6 years and it's well worth the money !! It 's been home to 4 bows and counting !!
Old 02-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a pro 44 by Doskosport. http://doskosport.com/ They had a cheaper one that looked just as good except the pro 44 came with a built in case for sundry items. Really good case. You can also mount a quiver in it. I bought an extra reciever for my Kwickee and mounted it in the case so I just have to take it off the bow and slide it on in the case. You might contact them to see if any dealers in your area or you might be able to order.

Oh, and my bow is about 36" ATA and has a little room to spare. It might take up to a 38" ATA (?).
Old 02-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Spike

doughboysigep,
I purchased my Flambeaux hard case at Wal-Mart for $20. It has the bow straps, arrow holder, foam padding and it's lockable.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
Old 02-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Doskosport also. I like it because during hunting season I can put it in the case with the quiver on because its extra wide. I also found that the doskosport arrow case will fit into the lid with the foam removed. That way an arrow with a bradhead can't slip out of the holders and cut your bowstrings. Goes for around 50.00 but in my opinion is well worth the money.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the info Aeroslinger!!]
Old 02-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Pro 44 Doskosport is a great bow case, use one myself. Fits at the back of my Rubicon perfectly, does not extend beyond the tire track, so its alot easier to work the narrow trails.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a SKB bowcase about three yrs ago. I really like, but it was kind of pricy, I got a deal at $150.00

Quick Reply: hard case question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.