Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cable slide sliding rough making noise help...

Old 02-14-2004, 05:57 PM

Default cable slide sliding rough making noise help...

when i pull back my cable slide is sliding rough or sticking..it is making a noise to...does it need a good cleaning....thanks
Old 02-14-2004, 06:03 PM

Default RE: cable slide sliding rough making noise help...

I had the same problem. I bought a brand new bow and when I drew back, it clicked. I told the guy at the archery shop and he said that the cabel slide would eventually break in. He put some teflon on it but that didn't help.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try some Corn Oil
Old 02-14-2004, 06:45 PM

The oil trick works pretty good. I dont like stock slides, because they tend to be really hard and they will tear up a bow string fast. Ive always replaced them with teflon slides by SIMS. They work great.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:39 PM

doesn't the oil collect dirt?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's what I do on my cable slide. First I use some rubbing alcohol and piece cotton or tissue, and clean the cable guard itself. I've found that sometimes dirt,grime,wax and slide material can collect on the guard binding it up. Once its cleaned if the noise still occurs, then I'd try a little oil, but it shouldn't take much. If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd consider a aftermarket slide.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once installed a saunders fast slide on my bow a few years back and problem solved,supposed to increase arrow speed as well due to less friction
Old 02-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you ask people who have the right knowledge you will be told to only clean the guard with alcohol. Never, ever put oil on it. You were right when you asked whether this collects dirt. That's what oil does best on a bow. Clean the guard with alcohol and, as mentioned, buy a teflon slide such as made by Simms and throw the factory job away.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

yeah do not put any oil on it. A cable slide only in under 10.00. My bow did the saame thing. I would get a knew one and the problem will be solved.
good luck
Old 02-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

I would never put any oil on it. If it's a new bow that you haven't shot much, then something may be wrong with the cable guard position. Is it a straight rod? Cleaning it may help. If it's one of the plastic ones, I would replace it with a teflon slide. Basically, listen to BGfisher.

Quick Reply: cable slide sliding rough making noise help...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.