Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QUIVER OF CHOICE?

Old 02-14-2004, 03:02 PM

Default QUIVER OF CHOICE?

I was just interested in which quiver you guys use and if there is a certain brand that best matches a certain brand of bow. I read an article in Whitail Special that your shot will change each time if you sight your bow in with a full quiver and quiver attached. They say for treestand hunters to choose a detachable quiver and sight your bow in without the quiver, and when you get up in your tree just hang it close by on the tree,stand,ect. They say for spot n stalk hunters to choose a hip quiver or backpack quiver. The article was written by Michael Waddel, someone who almost everyone is familiar with, or so I think. Anyway, could anyone tell me how they set theirs up? Thanks in advance, and good hunting!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:04 PM

Default RE: QUIVER OF CHOICE?

I use a Mathews quiver, but i take it off. Its a nice quiver, but for the money it wieghs to much for me. My next one will be a Kwikee. It definatly makes a difference when i shoot with it on.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Kwickee. I've used others but I had trouble with some of the twist on and like the ease of on/off with the Kwickee. There is probably some that are easy on/off like the Kwickee but I'm not familiar with them. I also take it off once in the stand.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

The bow that I have a quiver on I use a Alpine sof-loc 3 nice little quiver removable and even with arrows in it isn't that heavy, you can get an extra bracket just like the quikee's( moe $$$). I usually use my Cat quiver though,nice little backpack to carry stuff in, fletchings are protected which is a big plus if you hunt with feathers, it can be interesting to carry when carrying a climbing stand though.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 4 arrow PSE detachable. It has a dovetail slide with a lock. to remove you flip the lock and slide it out of the dovetail. The little bracket stays on your bow. But I agree, I shoot better with it off!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:02 PM

i use a kwikee and it comes off once i'm setup ,i use the bracket thatscrews in the tree too!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Alpine Softlock hands down. I do take my quiver off while in the tree. Mainly for the reason of keeping the movemend of the bright fletching to a minimum and the arrows catching on limbs/stand and what not.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:33 PM

Has anyone seen if Alpine's Bearclaw is available yet? I saw it in Bowhunter magazine. Looks pretty nice. Might have to sport one on the new Liberty .
Old 02-15-2004, 03:58 AM
Typical Buck

It was available at the Eastern Sportsman's Show last weekend, but I didn't see it Mossy Oak Obsession, which I assume is what you want. I'm also looking for a Bear Claw but for my Patriot.

Anyone want to buy an unused Bowtech Quiver?

Fritz
Old 02-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have an Alpine Soft Loc quiver. It's the 5 arrow version, but I usually only carry 3 arrows. That leaves a nice amount of space between the arrows. This quiver is quiet and well built. I usually take it off when in the tree stand, but have also shot alot with it still on. It did not change p.o.i. much so I think, for hunting situations, it's a keeper... on or off the bow.

Quick Reply: QUIVER OF CHOICE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.