Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

Old 02-13-2004, 05:49 AM

Default RE: Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

I'm sure every bow company has some problems with at least a small percentage of bows. I doubt that any currently have significant problems with a large percentage of their bows. If so, they'd be out of business in a heartbeat. The competition is too stiff to be otherwise. Your real concern should be the reliability of the shop to take care of any problems that may occur. The shop I do business with, will take a part off of an in-stock new bow, and fix your bow immediately. They then wait for the replacement part before they can put the shop bow back up for sale. This is why the shop you do business with, is more important then the service provided by the manufacturer, or even which manufacturer you choose to get a bow from.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a man trying to sell a bow through any means possible to me. I would steer clear of people that used those kind of selling techniques. If Bowtech was having those kind of problems it would be splashed all over this forum just like it was with the Hoyt risers bending problem, the mathews LX popping issues, the crappy mathews Zebra twist string issues etc. etc.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its a load of BS. I was at a Mathews dealer who also sold AR. I asked about Bowtech, and he told me they were junk. Well, I ended up buying a Bowtech somewhere else. Loved the Mathews, didnt like the AR, checked out a bunch of other bows and have my opinions on each, but thats besides the point. I haven't had any problems at all with my Bowtech (except for consistently tearing up my arrows by grouping too tight, but thats a good problem.) I have heard through various forums that Mathews has had limb problems (even though I think BT and Mathews and many others get their limbs from the same company, maybe a design issue??) and that their customer service stinks. I also heard that AR risers were known to bend, but that they have resolved that problem. I can't recall ever hearing about a bad BT riser (except for some camo dipping probs on the '04 bows where there were some tiny white spots.) I haven't heard about any limb issues on the BT. This is just what I have read on the forums, no personal experience, so take it for what its worth. I still happen to like Mathews bows although I don't shoot one, but I am sick of all of this bow bashing and the BS like this.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:01 AM

He said he would never even consider carrying the Bowtech line due to the problems associated with them
Its not that he won't - its because he can't. Top line bow dealers have territories - if someone else has you can't. So most bash every bow they can not sell.

The quickest way to make me leave a shop is to hear an owner bashing a line he can't carry.

The funny thing is - he probably spent half the morning begging bowtech to give him the line
Old 02-13-2004, 07:23 AM

I would agree that this is "BS". I do not shoot a Bowtech, but I have heard of none of the problems you mentioned. Probably was just a ticked off shop owner that Bowtech would not let carry their line of products. All manufacturers will have a problem bow here and there but I do not think that it is the norm.

Good luck with your search for a new bow.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Sour Grapes...bullhockey etc etc. He doesn't have the line so of course he's going to talk it down. As far as the cracked limbs... problems etc etce tc. I venture to say if you happen to be standing in the right/wrong spot at the right/wrong time you'll find EVERY bow manufacturer has basically the same problems. They ALL ... EVERY ONE OF THEM.... NO EXCEPTIONS have had limbs , risers, cams, axles, strings etc BREAK. I shoot a Darton Maverick... I broke a limb 2 years ago. They had me a new set and installed in 2 or 3 days. I know someone else who had almost the exact same break. It could have been any manufacturer. I STILL love my Darton. If another limb were to break... I'd get another set. Because a guy is a P & Y scorer doesn't make him God. It means they let him measure some horns, and to make sure he doesn't do it wrong they have a panel remeasure it cause they don't trust his process.[8D][8D] I don't have one, don't plan on buying one, but everything I've heard about Bowtech is pretty positive. That being said, if this guy is your guy and service is important and you trust him,... buy something else, but don't become part of the "Let's slander all the bows we CAN'T carry" crowd.

To put it blunt... the guy is a lieing sack of Sh##.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 AM

Last fall I was in a Hoyt dealer's shop. He told me Matthews quality was going down hill and they were overpriced. The same week I stopped by a Matthews dealer and he told me Matthews was worlds ahead of anybody else and that PSE was have major quality control problems.

Whatever a dealer sells is the best, and whatever he doesn't sell is crap. The group I hunt with bought 4 Bowtechs two years ago. All four of us are still using them with no problems what so ever. But I'm realatively sure we'd have all been happy with Matthews, PSE, Hoyt, etc.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike.

His name is not Ken by any chance?

I have about 20k shots through my 03 Pat Dually with no signs of any trouble.
Have not heard of any limb or riser problems but hey it could happen even Fords and Chevies break down.
I am 100% sure if it does happen BT will stand behind their product.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of all the BowTechs Ive owned (many more than my wife knows about ), I've sent one back for a personal problem that they were more than happy to look at for me. I never worry too much about what a salesperson says about what they can't sell. And I don't pay all that much attention about what they say re: what they can sell. [&:]

Rack Attack:
The funny thing is - he probably spent half the morning begging bowtech to give him the line
No doubt. And any bent risers he saw were probably of his own design, pressing them wrong.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:57 PM

The "pro shop" dealer is giving you a "pro line" of BS. I do not own a bowtech but shot some. I shoot 3D with alot od Bowtech people including factory reps! If there were any problem with any of the Bowtech, you can bet it would be posted ALL over the tech forum but every Tom, Dick, and Matthews' shooter there was!

I would not do business in his shop! Find a pro-shop that will work on your bow not push another one down your throat just so that he can make another sell.

Quick Reply: Has Bowtech had riser and limb problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.