Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting bow what rest?

Old 02-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default hunting bow what rest?

What kind of rest do you have on your hunting bow? I went from a tm prong rest to
a tropy taker shakey hunter.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:41 PM
nub

Default RE: hunting bow what rest?

Been useing the MZE for a couple years now.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Spike

I have a GKF Royal Hunter on my bow right now. Working great for me.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used the Muzzy Zero effect for a few seasons.......great rest. Just draw and shoot. However since I have been shooting the VFT style BowTechs I migrated away from it due to tweaking issues to get it to work with these bow plus I wanted to try some other stuff. Still highly recommend!

I am using a TT 'Shakey Hunter' right now and it is simple and solid but doesn't offer quite the containment ability of the Zero Effect. Still I have no reservations about using it for any stationary hunting.
Good rest.

I am going to be giving another design a try soon.......an APA "Twister" which offers a FULL containment style in a drop away. The full containment is a big draw for me because I tend to be like a bull in a china shop sometimes while I am reaching for my bow as a deer approaches.
I played with this rest quite a bit at the ATA show and was impressed enough with it to order one.
We shall see.[:-]
Old 02-08-2004, 10:17 PM

I'm an old faithfull to TM's. I love 'em. have had nothing but good results. if it aint broke dont fix it!!! good luck!!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 AM

Been using the MZE for a couple of years on different bows. IMO, it is one of the est rests money can buy.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:04 AM

GK Rover, had this same rest for about 6 years on 3 different hunting bows. I just can't find a reason to get rid of it. It is a tough, accurate, and reliable rest.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 AM

A rest that is simple, durable, reliable. For me, the GFK prong-rest has met those requirements for me since the first GFK rest hit the market. Nary a malfunction during years of use.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whisker bisquit--has worked very well for ME.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:59 AM

I have installed whisker biscuit arrowrests on my last ten compound bows. The whisker biscuit is the best hunting rest that I have ever used. It is simple to install, they don't bend and they don't break or go out of adjustment. The whisker biscuit is extremely quiet on the release of the arrow, There are no springs, no levers, no cords and no vibration with the whisker biscuit. There is also no tape. no moleskin, no nailpolish, and no heatshrink tubing to deal with in order to make the rest ready to hunt. If you have ever had the arrow rattle against your bow or have dropped an arrow off your rest when drawing the bow on game, you can see the advantages of this rest for hunting. Good luck hunting!

Quick Reply: hunting bow what rest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.