Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Few of my stealth cam pics

Old 02-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Few of my stealth cam pics

Thanks for the tips guys. The batteries were brand new before I put the cam out for only 4 days though this cold weather may have something to do with it. I am going to pick it up again on Sunday and I will follow your suggestions.

Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Usually when that happens, your batteries are too dead to rewind the film. If this happens, I usually wait until after dark change the batteries, then get them, then you usually only lose 1 picture if any at all.

shouldn't matter with the Stealth cam whether it's day or night...you don't open the camera itself, just the battery compartment. Turn it off, change batteries, turn to test, rewind.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

though this cold weather may have something to do with it.
Low temperatures cause a battery to drain quicker. Hopefully things will warm up soon
Old 02-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brian damage is correct. As long as you don't open the camera, you won't lose any pics. As far as batteries are concerned, I learned my lesson quickly. Don't use off brand batteries, they die quickly, usually in less than a week. I have had very good success with the Rayovac maximum plus batteries. They seem to last 3-4 weeks and are much cheaper than the Duracell Ultras.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am really interested in this info. I got a Stealth Cam for Christmas, and it has been out for 3 weeks. I haven't been able to get to it with the ice and snow we have had, so I know my batteries are dead! Was wondering if I can save the pics?
Old 02-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, like someone allready said, just change your batteries, then put your camera on the test mode, then use the manual rewind button. when you dont hear the film rewinding anymore, it is safe to take your film out. I have started doing this even if my batteries are not dead or if my film is all used up, that way I know for sure that the film is rewound before I open up the camera.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:16 AM

I have had very good success with the Rayovac maximum plus batteries. They seem to last 3-4 weeks and are much cheaper than the Duracell Ultras.
I've had my duracell ultras out for over 1 month and haven't had any problems yet, my camera is still at full power. Of course this is Mississippi, so I haven't tested them in extremely cold temps, but we have had 30's at night.