Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot the BOW TECH Stalker today and I......

Old 02-11-2002, 01:38 PM

Default I shot the BOW TECH Stalker today and I......

LOVED it. I went into a pro shop that I have never been in before and he carried only PSE and BowTech. I shot the Baby G and I didn't really like it, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. Then I saw the BowTech Stalker. At first I thought that I was seeing things. That bow is TINY. I thought that it was a kids bow but I shot it and fell in love with it. It is the lightest bow that I have ever held and it is just incredibly forgiving. I will be buying that bow this summer. Tonight I am calling the pro shop to see about getting a job there, that would be really cool, and I want to ask the man about accesories for it. Thanks Matt/Pa

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 02-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I shot the BOW TECH Stalker today and I......

... and it's hard to believe that little sucker is churning out those f.p.s., ain't it?!
Old 02-11-2002, 01:46 PM

Yep, that thing amazes me. It is very fast, very small, and very light. It is what I would consider to be a perfect bow.

Old 02-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason,
I had a feeling you'd really dig that bow!.....A question, do you know if you shot a 2001 or a 2002 model? (2001 has a 2 piece grip, 2002 has a one piece like the other BowTechs)
And I'm not sure, but the riser might be a bit different??....(BowTech_Shooter, you know?)
They list $$ for $349.00 but the actual selling price is up to the dealer.....if it's a 2001 you should get a good deal on it!

Really happy that you liked it......you still may want to shoot a few more bows in that price range to be sure that it's the one for you.
But for $$, the performance is tough to beat.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:07 PM

It was the 2002 model. The dealer has it for 379.99, which is only 20 dollars more than BowTech's website. I am going to a different pro shop tommorow to see what he has. But right now, the Stalker seems like the best bow for me.

Old 02-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason,
I find it hard to believe that a dealer would charge $30.00 over the manufacturer's suggested retail price?
Maybe they went up for 2002? I don't know......but if they are $349 still and he's selling it for that price definitely look elsewhere.
Or find a 2001 which is basically the identical bow for a lot less money.....many dealers have left overs.
Even if they are now listing the 2002 Stalker for $379.00.......you'll be able to do better than list price somewhere else.

First I have to find out what the real MSRP for a 2002 model is?? maybe BowTech_Shooter can help with that one as well?
I just don't want you to get hosed on the price because every $$$ counts when you are putting together a whole new set-up.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

MSRP on the 2002 Stalker is $399.00 so your getting a deal at $379.00. The 2001's had a one piece grip but the 2000's had a two piece. The risers on the 2001 and 2002 are the same. The Stalker is in my opinion the best (entry level)(price point) bow on the market. Same quality components as most of line except the W/C string and cable and the limb pockets.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

BowTech_SHooter......Thanks for the help, but I must ask the question.....I don't like to get into it over $$$ , but why a $50 increase on the MSRP over last year's model for the same bow???
That seems a bit silly to me. What did they do, compare theirs to every other bow in that class and say....."Hey we're not charging enough for this thing"?
I can see the BKII going up due to the design changes, the Pro's coming down because they were a bit overpriced.....but to raise the "Stalker" $50 doesn't make any sense in my mind.
Did any other bow in their line-up that stayed the same (Ex. Mighty Mite, Tech29)go up by that margin?

You'll have to decide for yourself of course Jason but if it were me?......find a left over 2001 ....same bow, less money.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:54 PM

Well guys, here is the set up that I am thinking about for the bow.

BowTech Stalker
RedHawk Peep Sight
N.A.P. Quick Tune Micro
Kwikee Bow Quiver
Simm's Limb Saver
Simm's String Leech
Carbon Impact Fat Gel Stabilizer
Camo Release Loop
Paradox Sling
Tru Glo 4000 Eye Sight
Accesory Limb Saver

Cabelas Stalker Extreme Carbon Arrows
N.A.P. 100 Grain Pro Series Thunderhead

Tru Fire Classic Caliper Power Grip Release

This set up is more than I planned on spending, but it is worth it. Right now I think it is around 790 dollars. Like I said, I am not sure if this is going to remain the same, but this is what I have been looking at.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/Pa, the 2001 Stalker MSRP was $359.00 so it went up $40.00 Not sure why but I'm sure they have a good reason. The others didn't go up except the BK2 and the Generation 3.2

Quick Reply: I shot the BOW TECH Stalker today and I......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.