Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it true

Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it true

My favorite way to hunt is bowhunting for sure. And if I had to choose only one method, that would be it ...no question. However, I still enjoy getting the rifle and m/l out each season some, and always do.

Tribal,
Did you just say that you fill everyone elses tags for them??? I assume that you are talking about family and hunting buddies??? Is that even legal where you are at??? I know it is considered poaching here in PA!
BM, it's called party hunting, and legal in many states.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:42 AM

this year all bowhunting baby.. gun is fun but there is nothing more exciting then have a deer come in 25 yards and you draw and wack right in the boiler room(this happens sometime for people but it always happens to me) if you beleave that one i will tell you another)) bow hunting all the way
Old 02-05-2004, 05:33 PM

For me, after my first archery kill, I will never go back to a rifle. To me, its the close encounter that makes it so special. The adrenaline you feel is second to none. Plus, it takes so much more skill to get that close, which makes it more challenging. I'm hooked for life!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:21 PM

i still love using my shotgun but i also love bow hunting i dont like any of em any more than the other
Old 02-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still have my guns clean them every two-three months
but only bowhunt now guess Im going to do it that way
until my time runs out,like the peace of it!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:58 PM

Although bowhunting is something I love to do the most in the woods, I still enjoy gun hunting with my family. I hunt with my dad, bother, brother-in-law and next year my 12 year old nephew. Without gun hunting, there isn't a way we all could still get together and hunt one deer season together. I love to bow hunt, because I'm always all by myself. But there isn't a year that goes by, that I don't get pumped up for that week season with the family.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree that bowhunting is really fun. I still gun hunt however. Last spring I hunted turkeys with my bow and this year I'm buying a new gun to hunt them with.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:59 PM

I have hunted for 20 years in archery and rifle. personally i would bow hunt over rifle. more of a challenge. but,I like to kill to much to not rifle and muzzleloader.!!! so i will never quit either.