Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Best Mechanical

Old 02-11-2002, 10:50 AM

Default The Best Mechanical

Can i get a poll of peoples opinion on their favourite mechanical broadhead, and maybe why you feel the way you do, thank you all
Hypertec
Old 02-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Best Mechanical

Personally I like Rocket expandables. I have used the Sidewinder, Mini-Blaster 3L's and the Steelheads with GREAT success! Cut big holes and leave great bloodtrails!!
Old 02-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll be interested in the results on this myself, I am going to switch this coming season.

The Tazman
Old 02-11-2002, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Over the last 6 or 7 seasons I've experimented with several brands of mechs and one has truly risen to the top....Rockets.I love the Rocket line-up,from the MiniBlasters and Sidewinders to the Steelheads that I keep going back to. I honestly believe that the Rocket Steelhead is the truest flying,hardest hitting,most devestating deployable blade arrowhead ever developed.I havetaken a fair number of deer with several mechs but of the 14 taken with Steelheads,NOT ONE has gone farther than 60 yards with the majority of these falling within easy sight and something like 30 to 40 yards (HONEST).A true bullet with butterfly wings...the Rocket Steelhead,give "em a try.You owe it to the game you hunt.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Spike

I was very pleased with the Rocky Mountain Snyper this past season.

Good luck.

Edited by - Merit on 02/11/2002 12:15:28
Old 02-11-2002, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been EXTREMELY impressed with Rocket Aeroheads. There is literally no way this head can fail to open based on its design.

A few years ago, I took a turkey with the Miniblaster 3. I held the pin at twenty yards at the base of her neck, and hit her a touch high (about an inch or so up the neck). When I got to her, she only had about a 1/4" of skin connecting her head to the body.

If it'll open up on soft turkey skin with such devastation, it'll work on anything. My entrance holes with this head on deer are almost big enough to stick my fist in!!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:36 AM

Took two deer with Shockwaves this season very good results. Im going to use them again next year but I will look for a mech with perhaps a little sharper factory blade.......hill
Old 02-11-2002, 12:09 PM

Shockwaves, I have killed 2 deer with them this past season. I had great penetration with them and lots of blood. I would reccommend them to other hunters. hope this helps you out.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:18 PM

used 100gr GT Silvertips last year and I was very impressed. Not sure what to do this year.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:10 PM

have taken 6 now with the NAP spitfire 100 gran 3 blade,with great results.
that's my blade till farther notice.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.

Quick Reply: The Best Mechanical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.