Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS OR PARKER??

Old 02-11-2002, 10:10 AM

Default MATHEWS OR PARKER??

I'M LOOKING TO REPLACE A 17YR. OLD GOLDEN EAGLE TURBO CAM HUNTER BOW. AFTER VISITING MY LOCAL PRO SHOP I WAS STEERED TOWARDS THESE TWO MODELS. THE MATHEWS Q2XL, AND, THE PARKER ULTRA LIGHT PRO. I NEED A MORE FORGIVING BOW , BEACAUSE I STILL USE MY FINGERS. ( EVENTUALLY I'LL TRY A RELEASE )THE DEALER WANTS $700.00 FOR THE MATHEWS, AND $580.00 FOR THE PARKER. THE DEALER WAS PRETTY HOT ON THE MATHEWS(BUT I FIND IT HARD TO ACCEPT ADVICE FROM A 50YR OLD HIPSTER WITH A DIAMOND EARRING)ANYWAY, I'M SEEKING AN UNBIASED OPINION HERE, NOT JUST SOME BRAND LOYAL "PARKER RULES" RESPONSE ETC.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:39 AM

Default RE: MATHEWS OR PARKER??

FIRST GO TO A QUALITY RELEASE DEVICE AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT ! PARKER UL 31 CANT BE BEAT. IT IS LIGHTER EASIER TO SHOOT AND MORE THAN A 150 DOLLARS CHEAPER. MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD RELEASE AND SOME ARROWS.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:40 AM

FIRST GO TO A QUALITY RELEASE DEVICE AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT ! PARKER UL 31 CANT BE BEAT. IT IS LIGHTER EASIER TO SHOOT AND MORE THAN A 150 DOLLARS CHEAPER. MORE THAN ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD RELEASE AND SOME ARROWS.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Personally, I would go with the Parker. I shoot a Parker 31 and it is the best bow I have owned! I used to shoot a Mathews MQ-1 prior to the Parker, and I cant say anything bad about the Mathews. But for ME, the Parker is a better shooting bow! Either bow Im sure you would be more than happy with! I would buy which ever bow feels/shoots the best to YOU!!
Old 02-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I BEG TO DIFFER!!! The Parker is a good bow,but to suggest it would be superior to the Q2XL is indeed false.The hard draw of the Parker is nothing like the much smoother Straightline Max cam found on the Q2XL.The long riser short limb design would also prove the Mathews a much more stable shooting platform.I am at a loss for words when you say the Parker is "easier to shoot".As I said,you better check out the Q2XL and welcome to "modern" archery and when it come time to one day choose a release aid,be sure to take a close look at the quality Scott offerings.Good luck and good shoot'n
Old 02-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

I beg to differ with IL-Cornfed! My Parker 31 is a more forgiving, easier to shoot bow than the MQ-1 !! At least in my case! I wouldnt give you my Parker for TWO of your over-rated Mathews bows! But thats just my opinion!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can just add my two cents about Parker. I bought a Feather Mag II last year. I used it last hunting season and really love it. I'm not into super short axle to axle length beacause of my long draw. But the Feather Mag II fit me great. I can pretty much shoot a 3" group at 20 yards with it.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Afro, don't let the hype of people's favorite companies distract you from your chore at hand: buying a bow that will suit you best.

I obviously shoot a Mathews, but I'll be darned if I tell you emphatically that it's a superior bow over Parker. And vice-versa. They, along with all the other top-notch quality bow manufacturers out there all produce a good quality product.

I think the Q2XL would make an excellent bow for you, but I think the $700 tag affixed to the one in question is a bit steep. OK, a lot steep. You can do better on price for that model.

You can probably get a great bow in Parker's line, I'm sure as well -- but for you, I sure as heck wouldn't go with the Ultra Lite 31, as has been recommended by others. I think they forgot to read your shooting characteristics, and were too quick to jump on the promotional bandwagon!

Whatever you choose, have fun, and enjoy the process of buying a new bow; it's a lot of fun.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

No hype in your user-name huh MQ1Shooter, BTW reread my post before you throw stones.

Quick Reply: MATHEWS OR PARKER??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.