Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Election...just for fun.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Election...just for fun.

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

I am just saying that I would just as soon have a retarded chimp represent me as RR.
With comments like that you don't need a retarded chimp representing you - you do a good enough job of that on your own! (just joking)

However, I wonder why you think RR is a moron?? All I've ever seen of him is a highly enthusiastic deer hunter.

On the other hand, Nugent and his commercialized show reminds me of
a "Lord of the Flies" convention, running around like a bunch of boys shooting "wild game" and trying to act cool. On the outdoor channel he speaks of "God" and "Spirit", then on MTV every other word is vulger or foul. I don't detest Ted or anything, but I don't want him representing me unless he can get his image straight and be who he really is instead of who his audience wants him to be. I think he has done some good things, i'm not trying to bash him, but I would want someone representing me with a little more personal consistency than that.

BTW , Does anybody realize that Geena Davis is an archer?? She is a bona fide celebrity who also seems to be classy and professional.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:32 AM

Richard Childress.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:14 AM

Michael Waddell, him or Tr Michaels
Old 02-03-2004, 09:27 AM

Michael Waddel or Toxey Haas
Old 02-03-2004, 10:31 AM

Dave Watson,Will Primos, Gene Wentzle,and Chuck Adam's!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck Adams gets my vote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark or Terry Drury would get my vote!
Old 02-04-2004, 05:28 AM

BTW , Does anybody realize that Geena Davis is an archer?? She is a bona fide celebrity who also seems to be classy and professional.
She's an archer, but I don't believe she is a bowhunter. Even if she is a bowhunter, she does not promote it, just like lots of famous people who bowhunt, but do not go out of their way to promote bowhunting.

If we are just looking for a good spokesman, hire a professional lobbyist. Very few in congress know any of the bowhunters mentioned in this thread, other then Nugent. They would have no added influence on Congress or the general public. Being a good/avid bowhunter doesn't make them a good speaker and one who will attract public attention. True fame will attract attention, however none of these bowhunters, with the exception of Nugent, are famous. Heck, I don't even know who all of them are.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will go with Jay Gregory also.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Spike

As someone said, about the only one of the primary nominees that anyone outside of hunting would know is Bret Farvre and Ted Nugent. Of course, there's Charlton Heston, who already as represented the NRA. I believe George W. used to at least bird hunt. I also believe Geena Davis actually has hunted. I don't know much about Farvre's hunting (or how to spell his name right) but if you want a real avid celebrity hunter, there's Karl Malone of NBA fame. However, if you're looking for someone with name value and influence outside the sport, it's slim pickings. No one knows Drury, or Adams or Primos outside the sport. Several people that have been mentioned I don't know. Inside the sport, if you want an interesting representative, try Brenda Valentine.....too bad most of the real famous hunters are long dead.....can't get Fred Bear, or James Audubon, or Daniel Boone unless we dig them up............

Quick Reply: Election...just for fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.