Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many bows?

Old 01-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many bows?

Currently 4 compounds and 2 recurves.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own one bow, and my dad owns 2. We both shoot Matthews solocam.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Bmott

jennings Shooting star Elephant Bow
This may sound stupid, but could you kill an elephant with that bow? How much draw weight is it?
Old 01-31-2004, 11:34 PM

I have three compounds & would like to get a recurve.

Old 02-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Bmott,
In the early years of my archery career, I owned a Jennings Arrowstar for hunting and a Jennings Shootingstar for target and 3D. You've got a nice collection there. If your married, you better keep her cause you can't afford to sell those bows.[&:]
Old 02-01-2004, 10:42 AM

One compound, one recurve. I sold the other 3 of my compounds.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:05 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

One recurve and three compounds.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:13 PM

This may sound stupid, but could you kill an elephant with that bow? How much draw weight is it?
zak123,
The elephant bow from jennings was a shooting star model with the riser supposedely x-rayed for strength. The model that I have peaks at a little over 96lbs. I have a couple other compounds that peak over 100 lbs. I also had several of the wilderness compounds (Stemlers) peaked over 100lbs. that expolded in my hands when i was shooting them. The jennings Shooting star and Arrow Star models were the top of the heap 20-25 years ago. I think tht there were some archers back then who took Elephants with this bow. Remember that back then our risers were made of magnesium not alluminun. The Grand slam bows that i have from back then were milled out of T-6 alluminun and combined with their cam set ups were years ahead of their time. I was shooting 2419s out of these bows that weighted 720 grains and the bow peaked at about 89lbs, the chronographs constantly read 240 +. these bows didn't require any cable guards for clearence, the limbs were made to match the draw lengths and were made out of a carbon composite. The sight window also had slots pre-cut that accepted the sight pins that came with the bows, I never shot a sight until the past 3 years so i never used them but I have no doubt that these bows would take down any game animal. That is of course with the right Broadhead, because the bow just does the pushing the head does the job.

rcd567,
I have more than these and would never sell them. My wife just shrigs her shoulders when I buy another one. I'm really interested in trying the Bowtech Pro 40 freedom cam this year or the new matthews Ovation. I have a 32" draw so i am limited to the models that i can pick. When i shot instinctive I used a 31" draw and canted the bow.

Bmott
Old 02-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

One of the reasons I've started this thread is, I am thinking about selling my Legacy to help finance the Outback. I believe I can go up in poundage with the Outback to a 70 pound bow. The Legacy is rated @ 60.

Would you good people keep the Legacy or sell it, buy the Outback and never tell the wife.[]
Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 AM

I like the Outback much better......especially the cam !! I'd sell it !!

I still haven't totally abondoned the idea of selling my LX to get one !!

Quick Reply: How many bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.