Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is the dislike for mechanicals?

Old 02-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is the dislike for mechanicals?

Like I said,intended context.[]

These forum can get out of hand so quick over a statement that isn't worded properly.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 AM

Buckshot
Really what i was saying is it does take a abit more energy in order for a mechanical blade to work. if any one in here hits just the fore leg of a deer you can't expect to find it.The blades on a mechanical will possibly fold back in and fall out,a fixed blade coming back out the entrance is goin to do some damage a mechanical may not.
Any broad head placed in the wright spot will do the job .as far as my muzzy 75's flyin strait not a problem for me.But it takes at least 50 or more pounds of conetic energy to get the mechanical through a shoulder blade.Which is a shot that was miss placed in the firt place .Mine at 15 yards.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:37 PM

i use muzzy fixed heads and i like em a lot, but i don't dislike mechanicals. i've just never given them a try.